Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce Support

Divorce Support This forum is for discussing the emotional aspects of divorce: stress, anger, betrayal of trust and more.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2009, 01:55 AM

daddio is on a distinguished road

It sounds to me like you have an extremely dangerous situation on you're hands. Not only is this man abusive toward you're mom but he has also made death threats. No matter what you're mother has done and how much he drinks this is absolutely not normal behavior and it is also illegal. I advise you to report this to the police - I came from a rocky relationship with a woman that I hated some days because of the things she did however even when I thought I was losing my mind I still never uttered death threats. If the police had knowledge of this I'm sure a restraining order would be put into place and he would not be allowed within 500 feet of the home or you're mom.

Take care and get help ASAP
Old 08-20-2009, 11:22 PM

ipodtouch is on a distinguished road

Oh my gosh K......you poor soul.....I am so sorry for what you have had to endure. I have 2 children and the thought of them being in the middle of somthing like this makes me cringe. You evidently are old enough to be on your own but who is left at home...siblings......are they old enough to leave.....

Fact that the home is in your Mom`s name bodes well for her but even still, she needs to go to the local courthouse.....explain her situation and file for a posession of property and have your Dad evicted. Based on the circumstances, she should have a restraining order as well....SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE ON FILE that this is going on. Every time something happens, it needs to be reported so there is a paper trail of situations as they arise. You may have to testify that this is going on. PLEASE DO NOT feel guilty. Sometimes, tough love IS love nonetheless an they need help. I used to work for CAS.....this can turnout much worse if the propr authorities are not conatacted. DO IT NOW!! This is no longer your poblem......I know you love your parents but stay away....keep yourself on the right track...get help from the poper authorities.

BIG hugs for you.
Old 10-02-2013, 01:38 PM

Gordy is on a distinguished road

ipodtouch provides good advice. Your mom can easily have your dad evicted based on his behaviour. Have her seek legal advice, often times it's free and they will provide all the options.
Old 10-02-2013, 01:54 PM

Pursuinghappiness will become famous soon enough

Dude, you're bumping a thread from 2009.
Closed Thread