Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce Support

Divorce Support This forum is for discussing the emotional aspects of divorce: stress, anger, betrayal of trust and more.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2013, 11:52 AM

Thomas is on a distinguished road

Last night I get a call from collections.

My ex forged my signature on a hydro bill.
Two hours this morning spent on telling hydro one I never lived in Ottawa nor did I apply or recieve hydro.
So far they have me for $864, on a property I know nothing about.
So yes Im divorced but the fun continues.

This is now the 3rd time she has done this, once for a Credit card and the other for Bell.

So, if your done, well your not.
I have signed up at my bank to have my credit bureau status monitered.

Oh, the police dont care about fraud.
Old 11-06-2013, 03:36 PM

Mess is a jewel in the roughMess is a jewel in the roughMess is a jewel in the roughMess is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
Last night I get a call from collections.

My ex forged my signature on a hydro bill.
Two hours this morning spent on telling hydro one I never lived in Ottawa nor did I apply or recieve hydro.
So far they have me for $864, on a property I know nothing about.
So yes Im divorced but the fun continues.

This is now the 3rd time she has done this, once for a Credit card and the other for Bell.

So, if your done, well your not.
I have signed up at my bank to have my credit bureau status monitered.

Oh, the police dont care about fraud.
Don't deal with this as a family law issue, deal with it as criminal fraud or file a civil suit seeking damages.
Old 02-10-2014, 05:11 PM

Sax is on a distinguished road

It's very hard. All I can say is that I hope you meet someone who you have a good feeling about and just open your heart a little at a time. When you do that and you feel the walls come down and stay down, you may have met someone you can love.
Old 02-10-2014, 05:34 PM

FB_ will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sax View Post
It's very hard. All I can say is that I hope you meet someone who you have a good feeling about and just open your heart a little at a time. When you do that and you feel the walls come down and stay down, you may have met someone you can love.
I'm experiencing this right now. Taking it slow and just letting it happen. The description of the walls coming down is so true.
Old 02-11-2014, 10:50 AM

Thomas is on a distinguished road

Its been awhile now since I have posted.
It would seem for the moment things have quieted down.With some time under my belt I can say that everyday it sinks in more and more how frigging good it is to be free.
I do anticipate her to come at me again. This time it will be different as I know the law, I've done my research and the chances of anything changing to her benefit are truly zero. Most important, I am not going to get upset, I am not going to break a sweat. I'll treat the next salvo like its an annoying insect that eventually will be swatted down.

I feel as happy as I was before I met her. As I am a quick learner and have done the neccesary personal improvements(Shrink and therapy), I will never make that mistake again.
Old 02-11-2014, 10:59 AM

FB_ will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
Its been awhile now since I have posted.
It would seem for the moment things have quieted down.With some time under my belt I can say that everyday it sinks in more and more how frigging good it is to be free.
I do anticipate her to come at me again. This time it will be different as I know the law, I've done my research and the chances of anything changing to her benefit are truly zero. Most important, I am not going to get upset, I am not going to break a sweat. I'll treat the next salvo like its an annoying insect that eventually will be swatted down.

I feel as happy as I was before I met her. As I am a quick learner and have done the neccesary personal improvements(Shrink and therapy), I will never make that mistake again.
Yup, I so agree with that....