Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Financial Issues

Financial Issues This forum is for discussing any of the financial issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2016, 10:21 AM

abuseddad is on a distinguished road

Thanks whyme?..and that's the reason why I am still weighing the option of taking the lump sum and taking a risk that she will get married to her partner

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk
Old 08-02-2016, 12:46 PM

Rioe will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by abuseddad View Post
Thanks. Does anyone know how valid are the divorce mate software results? Any previous case took a stab at questioning how the values are accurate. The reason I say that is the lawyer ran the numbers and a funny result came up. The result is i can owe the ex SS for more than the length of the marriage.
I am not sure why do the divorcemate software company limit the licenses to the lawyers. I can only imagine that the lawyers are all contributing to a fund to restrict access to acquire that software to the public. Can a paralegal have it?
Divorcemate just reflects that SSAG laws.

I believe the duration calculations can pop out the result that the SS obligation should go until the youngest child is 18, regardless of the length of the marriage. Does that make sense for your numbers? I think it's one of those stupid leftover stay-at-home-mom things, where the mother is not expected to work or support herself as long as there are dependent kids. These guidelines have not been updated in forever to reflect changes in modern society, such as women working, and children not commonly becoming independent at age 18.

It would have to be someone with deep pockets to challenge the modern validity of the SSAG though.