Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Financial Issues

Financial Issues This forum is for discussing any of the financial issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2017, 02:36 PM

Cindy39 is on a distinguished road

I have to say that my husband has been a bit naive in the sense that he trusted them to be honest and straight forward. He has no issues with paying for his daughter and he wants the best for her but when you hit a point where you are being taken advantage of, it has hurt him and this will definitely cause a problem with his relationship with his daughter.
Old 03-24-2017, 02:58 PM

Janus will become famous soon enough

The point is that it is not fraud.

The current order states that your husband needs to pay. It is not fraudulent to enforce a valid court order. If the order is inappropriate, then you need to go to court to get the order changed. Once the order is changed, the ex will not be able to enforce the old order, and the problem is solved.

Is this order being enforced by FRO? How is the ex collecting the money for ridiculous expenses from your husband? Is he just handing it over?

Also, if you are paying (or contributing) for the kid's residence at school, you should not be paying table CS.
Old 03-24-2017, 02:59 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enough

I hear you. My partners ex refuses to be up front with him and then she and his kid point fingers at each other when he asks questions. He tries to help his kid but she wont cooperate. Then she bitches about how he doesnt help her.

He really needs to go through everything with a fine tooth comb. Review every detail and what has been paid both by him and to the kid. Then he needs to figure out what he overpaid and go from there.

If she submits to FRO, he needs to file a dispute and tell them he is currently in litigation to resolve it.
Old 03-24-2017, 03:08 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

A 50k overpayment is most definitely a good reason to have everything recalculated via court order. Of course you would have to substantiate everything.

It's not like you don't have a lawyer retained. You simply have to INSTRUCT the lawyer to do so. If necessary, get another lawyer.

I agree, this is not fraud.
Old 04-20-2017, 02:15 PM

Default Janus

The reason I do feel it is fraud is because she is not subtracting the child's grants and bursaries before calculating his 66 percent. How can you charge someone on money that was never paid out? One year she had a grant of over $3000.00, 66% of that is 1980.00. That is just one grant.Unfortunately we never knew any of these details as they kept it all a secret I assume. There are so many shady things that have gone on and yes he did just hand the money over, he was trusting them.
Old 04-20-2017, 03:31 PM

Janus will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy39 View Post
yes he did just hand the money over, he was trusting them.
He needs to stop handing money over. If you accuse somebody of defrauding you, it is going to be tough to explain why you continued to give them money.

Quote:
Unfortunately we never knew any of these details as they kept it all a secret I assume.
Don't pay a penny unless full and proper documentation is obtained.

Quote:
How can you charge someone on money that was never paid out?
If the person you are charging never asks to see a bill, then you can do whatever you want.

Quote:
The reason I do feel it is fraud is because she is not subtracting the child's grants and bursaries before calculating his 66 percent.
Improper perhaps, but not fraud. You don't win in court by making accusations that are completely out of proportion to the reality.

If FRO is taking your money, then you go to court and get a court order for the correct amount.

If FRO is not taking your money, then you should not be losing any money. If you pay money without proper documentation, then that is your own fault. No court in the land can save you from yourself.
Old 04-21-2017, 05:55 AM

North of 40 is on a distinguished road

Not sure what degree she could possibly be getting.

If you go in at say/17/18 you can do an undergrad in 2 1/2 / 3 years. So out at 20 years of age.

Frankly, she's not taking enough courses to be a full time student. I.e. the University would turf you. Moreover, she only has so much time to finish the degree. I.e. 7 years / PT.

Sounds like complete BS and she's jacking you guys around.
Old 04-26-2017, 09:51 AM

rockscan will become famous soon enough

After four years my partners ex finally decided to stop using estimates and sent receipts. The best part is that shes claiming expenses in several cities that are not where the school is and expenses like make-up and perfume. He told me last night hes actually embarrassed this is his kid.
Old 04-27-2017, 05:13 PM

well it is all irrelevant now...case conference judge said mediation, they are not up for mediating they are just demanding more money and that is it so now it is off to court...without our lawyer...just too damn much money for not one bit of satisfaction. They did however agree to stop child support after 6 years of university but want another 6000 dollars for her thesis...ha
Old 04-27-2017, 05:15 PM

we have been trying to see a judge for almost three years to change it!