Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Financial Issues

Financial Issues This forum is for discussing any of the financial issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2017, 11:48 AM

negotiator55 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for that. I believe they have covered their tracks and all assets, cars, and business in her name? So, in that case, can I actually ask for her records and or a forensic accounting of their finances.
Old 07-18-2017, 11:57 AM

rockscan will become famous soon enough

You may only be able to ask about business stuff. Im not sure about imputing income but if hes claiming he cant pay higher cs because hes not working, you may want to look into imputing income.
Old 07-18-2017, 01:49 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

You can "ask" for it but don't be surprised if they refuse without being ordered to do so by court.

Examine the financial statement that one has to submit to court. (It's been a while since I had to complete one). Is there not an area on the document where common-law spouse has to list assets etc?

For collelction purposes - FRO/MEP has the legal authority to pursue support from 3rd parties. You might be able to get specific information from FRO about this. On the Alberta MEP website it is quite specific:

https://justice.alberta.ca/programs_...ionNotices.pdf

Once you have a court order FRO/MEP can request debtor complete a very detailed financial information form (approximately 18 pgs in length). On that form there is definitely an area for common-law spouse's bank account information etc.

Most maintenance enforcement agencies are similar in collection procedures. If you can't find something on Ontario's just look at Alberta Justice Maintenance Enforcement Agency website and go to the collection part. I think FRO recently went online but I am not aware of how much detail they provide.