Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Financial Issues

Financial Issues This forum is for discussing any of the financial issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2017, 08:44 PM

Tandem80 is on a distinguished road

Meanwhile she doesn't work...at all. Has all the time in the world to spend with the kids.

I also have joint custody but I'm sure she would love to change that. She is the one that moved away. Otherwise I would have fought tooth and nail for 50/50.
Old 05-23-2017, 08:47 PM

Ange71727 is on a distinguished road

I feel bad for your child even though I totally understand where you are coming from (and feel bad for you as well). Your child likely feels a strain between pleasing both sides. Also, depending on the level he's playing at, the coaches may not be too keen on him missing so much. How old is your son? Old enough to reason with his mom and stepdad about it? I think you are right that inevitably he will choose the games/social part unless he redirects to a new sport. But it doesn't sound like that will happen. Is it house league? If so, I don't think you owe a dime more than what you pay in child support already. My son is in house league hockey and I assume the cost of all the sports.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-23-2017, 08:53 PM

It's minor hockey? Travel within the province. Usually 1-3 hours from her residence.

We had an agreement to keep it at pond hockey...they took it to the next level 2yrs in a row without my knowledge or consent. This is all their doing.

I feel bad too for him. But this could have all be avoided in the first place.
Old 05-23-2017, 09:13 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tandem80 View Post
Wow! Sounds like my situation. She says I refuse section 7 as well and wants court to change the agreement that she doesn't need my consent either.

Funny thing is I have emails of her whining about me not paying for this and that so I asked for costs and receipts and she tells me her lawyer has them. What good is that?

Hmmm, ok so I don't even get a chance to contribute to those because I say no to hockey. This is alllll over hockey and the only sport I ever hear of.

Guess providing health benefits for the kids, glasses and braces don't count as contributions to S7!

It's funny how she sees section 7 as sports only. Doesn't see the big picture of getting $24,000 in support per year and 88% of the costs of the total ortho bill of $26/27,000 as me contributing and I am just a deadbeat that fights her with everything:smh:

My fave was her claim that he has denied s7 expenses. He hasn't been given any. You cant deny something you aren't told!
Old 05-23-2017, 09:23 PM

Exactly I have seen one receipt for any sport in the last 4 yrs. Other than hockey last year. The year prior I was told she wasn't asking for contribution just wanted him to play. Now that he is involved she wants me to contribute. And in not doing so I am disagreeing to all section 7! I asked in a email last fall for all the kids sports receipts and didn't even get and acknowledgement.

Would like to here how this pans out for your husband.

I've private messaged another fellow off here sound like we have twin situations (kinda eerie) maybe he can provide some feedback for me as well.