Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Financial Issues

Financial Issues This forum is for discussing any of the financial issues involved in your divorce.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2012, 12:19 PM

Pursuinghappiness will become famous soon enough

Well then...since she's wasting court time and taxpayer's money...I hope her stbx is successful in imputing an income for her since she isn't even trying to work and having her pick up court costs. Its truly sad for her children but I have a feeling they'll having to spend their whole lives dealing with this woman putting her own needs in front of theirs.

Just another self-focused, self-absorbed forum troll. Not the first one and won't be the last.
Old 02-02-2012, 01:53 PM

CanaryMom is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't know why everyone is coming down so hard on me! I have rights and one of those rights is to go to trial. I am not taking money out of my childrens pockets. My husband will have to pay what is ordered no matter how much he pays in legal fees. And by the way, I won't be deterred by the posters who claim that I will have to pay his legal fees if the judge orders a similiar judgement as he offered in negotiations. I know of someone who is on social assistance and the judge waived the fees to her ex at trial because he said she couldn't possibly pay it given her limited income. The amount the judge ordered her ex to pay was almost exactly the same as he offered her during negotiations.

YOu don't know me so don't judge. I have rights and I plan to use those rights as a canadian citizen.
Old 02-02-2012, 02:05 PM

HammerDad will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanaryMom View Post
I don't know why everyone is coming down so hard on me! I have rights and one of those rights is to go to trial. I am not taking money out of my childrens pockets. My husband will have to pay what is ordered no matter how much he pays in legal fees. And by the way, I won't be deterred by the posters who claim that I will have to pay his legal fees if the judge orders a similiar judgement as he offered in negotiations. I know of someone who is on social assistance and the judge waived the fees to her ex at trial because he said she couldn't possibly pay it given her limited income. The amount the judge ordered her ex to pay was almost exactly the same as he offered her during negotiations.

YOu don't know me so don't judge. I have rights and I plan to use those rights as a canadian citizen.
Good luck with that.

And yeah, I will judge you. You seem like a bitter person who has nothing better to do then a) waste our tax $$ so you can seek your revenge, b) waste your ex-husbands money out of sheer spite and c) waste whatever money you and your ex could be putting towards your kids and their future (don't you think the money your ex spends on a lawyer fighting your useless bitter fueled battle may be better spent on the kids and their future).

I understand why your ex left you and I feel sorry for your children.

Edit - and if you think you have no assets or income for which a judge could order costs, you may want to look at the ss you are discussing and that roof over your head that your ex left you with.

Last edited by HammerDad; 02-02-2012 at 02:09 PM.
Old 02-02-2012, 02:09 PM

Quote:
I don't know why everyone is coming down so hard on me! I have rights...
True...you have the right to be a totally unreasonable, annoying a-hole and since that's what you're being don't expect people not to call you on it. The truth hurts.

Quote:
I am not taking money out of my childrens pockets.
If you (the above noted a-hole) don't work and your ex-husband is forced to bear all the financial burden and you squander money in unnecessary legal costs because (again) you're an a-hole, explain to me how this isn't taking money away from your children?

Quote:
I know of someone who is on social assistance and the judge waived the fees to her ex at trial because he said she couldn't possibly pay it given her limited income.
Your only limitations are ignorance, selfishness, and laziness. Nothing else is stopping you from earning a living. Your ex has made reasonable offers and I truly hope he gets costs back. They could easily deduct them from the amount he's paying you since you are purely silly and deserve to be penalized for your attitude. I hope he's successful and manages additionally to impute a wage for you since you are too lazy to get off your butt and work part-time even.

Quote:
YOu don't know me so don't judge.
You asked for advice on a public forum. Not only is everyone making judgements about you but here's what they probably are:

1) You're a dbag.
2) Your husband did the right thing by leaving you no matter what the financial consquences.
3) We all feel sorry for your children.
4) Get bent.
Old 02-02-2012, 02:19 PM

By the way, if I knew your stbx husband, i'd buy the poor guy a dinner certificate so he could take a decent woman out for a nice meal. I feel so sorry for the poor guy having had to deal with someone like you. I feel even more sorry for your unfortunate children.

Shame on you...seriously...you're a trainwreck.
Old 02-02-2012, 02:21 PM

NBDad is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I don't know why everyone is coming down so hard on me!
It's because you have a reasonable offer or offers on the table and are hell bent on taking the ex to court, wasting the taxpayer's money for no reason.

Quote:
I am not taking money out of my childrens pockets.
Yes you are. You are draining funds on lawyers that could have gone towards the children.

Quote:
And by the way, I won't be deterred by the posters who claim that I will have to pay his legal fees if the judge orders a similiar judgement as he offered in negotiations.
It's the law honey. I hope your ex's lawyer has more than half a brain. They will eat you ALIVE in court. Go to court, the ex can (and should) do true equalization, which means 1/2 the house, 1/2 of ALL the assets, imputing your lazy ass an income comparable to what you SHOULD be able to make.

Quote:
I know of someone who is on social assistance and the judge waived the fees to her ex at trial because he said she couldn't possibly pay it given her limited income. The amount the judge ordered her ex to pay was almost exactly the same as he offered her during negotiations.
Huge difference between being on social assistance and having significant assets.

Quote:
Do me a favor...send me your husbands name and his attorney. I want to send them this post so they can absolutely WRECK your ass in court.
Old 02-02-2012, 02:21 PM

HammerDad will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pursuinghappiness View Post
By the way, if I knew your stbx husband, i'd buy the poor guy a dinner certificate so he could take a decent woman out for a nice meal.
Personally, if I knew him, I forward him this thread as it would make AWSOME evidence in court and to have her HAMMERED with court costs.
Old 02-02-2012, 02:24 PM

Epona is on a distinguished road

Oh dear. "I do want my day in court and I was told by a friend that because I have such a small income, the judge won't award him his legal fees. I win either way."
Do not follow your friend's advice. The judge could award him court costs which means YOU'll have to pay him his court fees. If you can't pay him, then the costs will be deducted from child support.
And yes, it can and does happen. If you pursue a matter which shouldn't go to court, you will be penalized (though it depends on the judge to a large degree).
The court doesn't care who did what. There's no point to "having your day in court" if the matter can be resolved out of court. Judges don't like court time being wasted.
"I have rights and one of those rights is to go to trial. I am not taking money out of my childrens pockets. My husband will have to pay what is ordered no matter how much he pays in legal fees."
Decisions in court are made according to the rules (laws). Since, by your own admission, you are already receiving MORE than you are entitled to BY LAW, it is extremely unlikely your case will be allowed to go to trial. Or, if it does, they'll let it go in order to make an example of you (a very unpleasant example it would be for you). You stand a very good chance of losing some of the things you already enjoy.
NOBODY WINS in family court. Since you are intent on rocking the boat, expect to fall in and you'll end up in a worse situation than you are now.
YES, you ARE taking money away from your children!!! The money (thousands of dollars just frittered away) spent in court fees could be used better for your children. Your husband is already paying as much or more than he is required to BY LAW. You won't get a judge to order he pay more.
Obviously, we don't know you and everything about your situation. But if what you're saying is true, my advice to you-- HEED YOUR LAWYERS ADVICE AND ACCEPT THE OFFER.

Last edited by Epona; 02-02-2012 at 02:40 PM.
Old 02-02-2012, 02:41 PM

CanaryMom is an unknown quantity at this point

I raise three of his children and I work part time! You don't even know all of the circumstances such as that he was having an affair and got his mistress pregnant, all while i sat home raising his kids! I want it on public record, which it will be after the trial, that he was whoring around and abandoned his children and wife!

By the way, I've researched it. I WON"T BE PAYING LEGAL FEES! You can't scare me by telling me otherwise. Unless any of you is an actual judge, then don't bother with the scare tactics!
Old 02-02-2012, 02:48 PM

Epona is on a distinguished road

Everybody here has been through the system at least once.
I had half of his court costs deducted from child support--received NO child support for about three months.
You are getting good advice here. It's now on public record that your spouse was/is an ass-hat. We get that. Now you are being one. The court system DOES NOT care. There is NO GUARANTEE you won't pay legal fees.
By the way, how did you manage to qualify for legal aid when you have a house? I don't have any type of job and didn't qualify for Legal Aid, though I'm part-owner of a house and have a sixteen year old car. I was/am a stay-at-home mom also (back at college, since trying get a job wasn't working).
Closed Thread