Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Financial Issues

Financial Issues This forum is for discussing any of the financial issues involved in your divorce.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2010, 11:34 PM

blinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura about

So the children show up with only the clothes on their backs and you provide them with every item of clothing, footwear etc for their visit?

You know what I find interesting is that every time you post, the amount of money your husband pays in child support etc changes. For example, in a matter of months the access costs have gone up from $300 to $1470 and the child support amounts have changed from $1000/month previously to $900 now, $560/month in medical and dental costs before to $250 now and your claims of $1860 total per month has changed to $2620 even though before you were claiming access costs of almost a fifth of what you're claiming now.

Sounds to me like you don't really know where all your finances sit and sitting down with an accountant or financial advisor would be a great benefit. Perhaps once you have a better understanding of the actual numbers it might help to ease the bitterness and resentment.
Old 08-19-2010, 12:15 AM

got2bkid is on a distinguished road

Access costs twice a year are approx. 3000/year or approx. 300/month

one set of braces is done, so instead of paying for 2, we are paying for one.

This month we had to pay for a flight

You know how these things work, can't your figure it out without inplying I am lying? Things change every year as we base our CS on last years income, so instead of looking for hole in my story, why don't you try to understand a perfectly relevant point of view.

Why are you so upset by me pointing out the obvious? That NCP's get no credit for the costs they have?

Instead of trying to prove me a liar, why don't you try telling me why we had to pay 900 to the ex-wife, and another 600 for the kids while they were here without giving some story about "how much kids cost" and telling me how to "budget". Trust me, NCP's learn to budget pretty darn quick, it's the CP's that can never manage their own lives it seems without crying about how hard they have it.
Old 08-19-2010, 12:28 AM

blinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by got2bkid View Post

We pay for the airfare accross the country (-1470/month)
$1470 x 12 = $17640

Quote:
Access costs twice a year are approx. 3000/year or approx. 300/month

This month we had to pay for a flight
$3000/12 = $250/month (just found the extra $600 for you to spend on them right there)

So which is it - $250/month or $1740/month??

You'd be far more effective at making your point that your husband is spending too much to support his children if you could keep your numbers straight and believable.
Old 08-19-2010, 12:28 AM

Also blinkandgone, I find it hard to take anything you write very seriously since you were the one who wanted your ex to pay section 7 expenses for a cat!
Old 08-19-2010, 12:30 AM

dadtotheend will become famous soon enoughdadtotheend will become famous soon enough

Quote:
section 7 expenses for a cat!
Ooohhh a catfight
Old 08-19-2010, 12:32 AM

And you really need to learn how to do basic math and quit trying to prove I'm lying.

You know airfare changes, are you not aware? That is why I say approx.

Most years they come twice, some years we couldn't afford it and they came once.

And anyway, what the hell are you trying to prove?

Should NCP's get ANY credit for the money they spend on the kids or not?

it really is a simple question.
Old 08-19-2010, 12:33 AM

LOL! It was an expensive cat. Couple rounds with the car solved that issue though - much cheaper now.
Old 08-19-2010, 12:34 AM

I don't expect much of a thoughful response from someone so entitled to money from the ex that they request it for a cat!
Old 08-19-2010, 12:39 AM

dadtotheend will become famous soon enoughdadtotheend will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Should NCP's get ANY credit for the money they spend on the kids or not?

it really is a simple question.
The table amounts for CS do give credit for that.
Old 08-19-2010, 12:39 AM

Quote:
And you really need to learn how to do basic math and quit trying to prove I'm lying.

You know airfare changes, are you not aware? That is why I say approx.
$17640 per year is a huge difference between the $250 - $300 you're now claiming it costs. And I'm the one who needs to learn math?

Last edited by blinkandimgone; 08-19-2010 at 12:40 AM. Reason: the voices told me to...
Closed Thread