Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Financial Issues

Financial Issues This forum is for discussing any of the financial issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2017, 05:02 PM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

Carnut, hard to say. In Ontario Rule 13 for financial disclosure requires the disclosure of the financial history. Not sure what it is in BC. Hard to say if your matter truly reflects reality in many provinces.

Also, looked up Justice Loo... Pretty reasonable...

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/britis...laim-1.3365669

Imputed income on a mom who refused to work...

My recommendation to this poster would be to retain a lawyer to advise them on SS. Mediators are not qualified to advise clients directly. They mediate.

Last edited by Tayken; 02-27-2017 at 05:08 PM.
Old 02-27-2017, 07:17 PM

Carnut is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayken View Post
SS is 90% fear 10% reality.
Well I guess I'm in that lucky 10% then.

She worked the whole marriage, went from 12 month a year job to 10 month a year job weeks before she left and after she said she was leaving, didn't mention spousal support at all the first year gone, and I have her texts where a year and a half after leaving she was asking for my tax returns "for no reason". Saying she "wasn't going to do anything funny".

$76,000 net a year physical job me. Her $55,000 net a year desk job with crazy perks only working 10 months a year. California vacations as soon as she left too. While I worked. No vacations.

Yup. I'm in the 10%.
Old 02-27-2017, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Carnut, hard to say. In Ontario Rule 13 for financial disclosure requires the disclosure of the financial history. Not sure what it is in BC. Hard to say if your matter truly reflects reality in many provinces.

Also, looked up Justice Loo... Pretty reasonable...

Unemployed dental assistant loses $14K child support claim - British Columbia - CBC News

Imputed income on a mom who refused to work...

My recommendation to this poster would be to retain a lawyer to advise them on SS. Mediators are not qualified to advise clients directly. They mediate.
She imputed $55,000 a year for her for wages. This for a lady claiming she was spending $33,000+ PER MONTH!!! on lawyers. $1.700,000 in her bank.
Not for their child, who lived with the father, but for a child of hers from a previous relationship. Who she wouldnt grant access to the payor, who still had to pay $1500 a month.

Spousal support isn't cut and dry, it's an interpretation, prepare to buckle up IMO.
Old 02-28-2017, 09:56 AM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnut View Post
She imputed $55,000 a year for her for wages. This for a lady claiming she was spending $33,000+ PER MONTH!!! on lawyers. $1.700,000 in her bank.
Not for their child, who lived with the father, but for a child of hers from a previous relationship. Who she wouldnt grant access to the payor, who still had to pay $1500 a month.
All depends on your definition of reasonable.

With 1.7 million at 3% that is 51,000 a year in interest. Remember CS is based on INCOME and not equity. So, the judge imputed her income at above a reasonable interest rate on the equity. The judge also pointed out the nonsense that you outlined.

Good Luck!
Tayken
Old 02-28-2017, 12:53 PM

Quote:
All depends on your definition of reasonable.

With 1.7 million at 3% that is 51,000 a year in interest. Remember CS is based on INCOME and not equity. So, the judge imputed her income at above a reasonable interest rate on the equity. The judge also pointed out the nonsense that you outlined.

Good Luck!
Tayken
Oh I agree Tayken.
I just find there isn't much justice in family courts. Those involved can lie in sworn affidavits and exaggerations are more common than truth sometimes.