Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Financial Issues

Financial Issues This forum is for discussing any of the financial issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2016, 12:44 PM

Hova is on a distinguished road
Default Spousal Not Reflected on NOA

Hi All - Quick question. Separation agreement was finalized in December 2015. Started making spousal payments to the ex at the beginning of January 2016. Our recalculation for CS and section 7 is June 1st of every year. So, of course the Spousal wouldn't be recognized on her or my NOA for last year which would be used in the calculation. The question is, shouldn't I be able to add this in? Meaning an increase on her income and a decrease to my income on the gross amount? So if our incomes are 50K each and I paid her 10K. Her income should be 60K and mine, 40k? Keep in mind, thats an example and the numbers are much higher.

To keep it in context, I'm asking specifically because our son is in his last year of daycare so of course, section 7 will be at it highest through until next August.

If this is reasonable and legal (if anyone can point me to a case that would be great) should I just reject her numbers and pay her with the adjusted amount (including SS)?

Also, any reason why divorce mate calculations are higher than mysupportcalculator (almost $60 a month) or is her lawyer just nuts? They provided me with numbers and not the actual calculation.
Old 10-04-2016, 10:35 PM

Acadia71 is on a distinguished road

I posted a similar question and it sounds like the spousal you pay her does not count towards child support numbers.