Ottawa Divorce .com Forums


User CP

New posts

Advertising

  Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Financial Issues

Financial Issues This forum is for discussing any of the financial issues involved in your divorce.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 11-27-2013, 12:55 PM
FB_ FB_ is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,407
FB_ will become famous soon enough
Default So Funny - Expenses

I have to laugh at my ex sometimes.

Every month we split the cost of the school milk program. Whomever gets the form fills it out and sends in the money and the other pays the other back for half of it.

So in November when the milk order came in I wrote the cheque for $21.00.

I sent her an email with this expense on it and others as well.

She responded that's she not paying for the milk for December since the kids won't get to drink it for the 5 days we are away next week.

So I responded that's fine you can pay for the milk they will drink

$.70 * 10 days = $7.00 * 2 kids = $14.00 / 2 = $7.00

I wonder what she will say to that. I find the fact that I can compromise over $3.00 more entertaining than arguing with her about it. That to me is worth the $3.00 LMAO.

I kindly asked if she could give me the money before our trip. She said no she has 7 days to pay me according to our agreement. I was tempted to give her my banking details and tell her to make sure it's in the account next Wednesday since I won't be here to get it from her. That would just be stupid though.

She owes me over $200 for various things. I'm not in any need for the money so I'll let it go...but again just LMAO at her HC attitude.
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 11-27-2013, 01:11 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Hamilton
Posts: 3,725
HammerDad will become famous soon enough
Default

IMO, this is another instance where you can sever some contact with your ex by just alternating the payment monthly. If one parent should get the form on the other parents month, they just put the form in the kids bag for the next time they are around and send them an email advising where it is.

Going after the ex, especially your ex, for $7, or even $10.50 (in normal months) just promotes contact you don't need/want.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 11-27-2013, 01:31 PM
Tayken's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 6,563
Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerDad View Post
IMO, this is another instance where you can sever some contact with your ex by just alternating the payment monthly. If one parent should get the form on the other parents month, they just put the form in the kids bag for the next time they are around and send them an email advising where it is.

Going after the ex, especially your ex, for $7, or even $10.50 (in normal months) just promotes contact you don't need/want.
Agreed. As well, it isn't an S7 expense and isn't worth the problems. If the program is so important I would recommend you just pay for it and not bother trying to collect the money from the other parent.

Also, don't bother trying to bait her into debating the subject matter. Really, if you don't care, don't ask about it and don't engage in nonsense. It takes two to tango.

Just isn't worth the effort.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 11-27-2013, 01:35 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,151
MS Mom is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FB_ View Post
I have to laugh at my ex sometimes.

Every month we split the cost of the school milk program. Whomever gets the form fills it out and sends in the money and the other pays the other back for half of it.

So in November when the milk order came in I wrote the cheque for $21.00.

I sent her an email with this expense on it and others as well.

She responded that's she not paying for the milk for December since the kids won't get to drink it for the 5 days we are away next week.

So I responded that's fine you can pay for the milk they will drink

$.70 * 10 days = $7.00 * 2 kids = $14.00 / 2 = $7.00

I wonder what she will say to that. I find the fact that I can compromise over $3.00 more entertaining than arguing with her about it. That to me is worth the $3.00 LMAO.

I kindly asked if she could give me the money before our trip. She said no she has 7 days to pay me according to our agreement. I was tempted to give her my banking details and tell her to make sure it's in the account next Wednesday since I won't be here to get it from her. That would just be stupid though.

She owes me over $200 for various things. I'm not in any need for the money so I'll let it go...but again just LMAO at her HC attitude.
I don't know what agreement you guys have going on, but I can't see how putting yourself in a position to have an argument with such a HC person over $21, $7, $3 whatever - especially if you don't need the money. I would be told that's "why I pay child support"....as he's $10G in arrears.

Via text message, I asked my ex for his portion of a substantial medical receipt. He called the police and tried to charge me with harassment. That's HC.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 11-27-2013, 01:44 PM
arabian's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Western Canada
Posts: 9,930
arabian will become famous soon enough
Default

Really ^ that's just silly.

Be sure to keep the police file #
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 11-27-2013, 01:59 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,151
MS Mom is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arabian View Post
Really ^ that's just silly.

Be sure to keep the police file #
Well, the police officer responded to his house about the complaint and phoned me from his cell. We had a very interesting, entertaining conversation. There wasn't a file opened because it was, as you say, just plain silly. But, what I found extremely enlightening though was the police officer's opinion on who was actually causing the grief, which was the new wife, not the ex. It was a hefty bill too, uncovered vaccinations for a year, his share was in the hundreds and I was pretty broke at the time, and needed the money. But, screw it - still not worth the hassle.

The ex uses the police like a hall monitor. He called the police when she was 5 minutes late coming out of the house for access once. We were texting, I was explaining that she didn't want to go and I was having a really hard time getting her to go willingly out the door. His expectation was that I "make her", but she's not 3 or 4 - she was 9....I couldn't even carry her to the door if I wanted to...physically impossible for me, especially with the disabilities. So, he called the police.
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 11-27-2013, 02:14 PM
FB_ FB_ is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,407
FB_ will become famous soon enough
Default

That's the dumb thing it's never been an issue with the specific expense. But just because I'm taking the kids on a trip it's now an issue.

I also didn't just send a request for $10.00

Like I said there were other expenses that were over $400.00 So her share was around $200.00

Again none of these expenses are S7. Just things we had already agreed upon splitting.

The point of this thread was not looking for sympathy. I just find it funny how such little things can be such an issue sometimes.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 11-27-2013, 02:20 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,774
dad2bandm is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FB_ View Post
...
Every month we split the cost of the school milk program. Whomever gets the form fills it out and sends in the money and the other pays the other back for half of it.
...
She responded that's she not paying for the milk for December since the kids won't get to drink it for the 5 days we are away next week.

So I responded that's fine you can pay for the milk they will drink
...
FB, agree with HammerDad and Tayken. Just alternate payment for months, if this is even required, for less interaction with each other. A "milk program" hardly seems required. It's a nice to have, if anything. Cut out the program, and send milk in their lunch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MS Mom View Post
Well, the police officer responded to his house about the complaint and phoned me from his cell. We had a very...
...
We were texting, I was explaining that she didn't want to go and I was having a really hard time getting her to go willingly out the door. His...
Interesting tangent. Stop texting each other, might be a good idea, to start. You don't need to text about medical bills. Simply send an email, or a registered letter if necessary, with copy of receipt.
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 11-27-2013, 02:21 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,774
dad2bandm is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FB_ View Post
...Again none of these expenses are S7. Just things we had already agreed upon splitting.

The point of this thread was not looking for sympathy. I just find it funny how such little things can be such an issue sometimes.
All the more reason to limit interactions with her.
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 11-27-2013, 02:36 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Saskatoon
Posts: 81
yahoo is on a distinguished road
Default

no point to argue over so small money.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
extra curricular fee's lets_be_fair Financial Issues 2 04-03-2013 02:19 PM
Extraordinary expenses - can CS payor claim? Simplicity Financial Issues 0 11-15-2012 09:10 PM
FRO - section 7 expenses Coop Financial Issues 5 10-22-2012 02:19 PM
CS, adult kids, and expenses, long post venice Financial Issues 5 01-10-2012 03:38 PM
Section 7 Expenses peaches4 Divorce & Family Law 2 10-22-2010 11:23 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:26 AM.