Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Financial Issues

Financial Issues This forum is for discussing any of the financial issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2016, 03:43 PM

blinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura about

Motion schedule is usually posted the day before. Check online to see if yours is listed for tomorrow.
Old 08-18-2016, 12:11 AM

mafia007 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkandimgone View Post
Motion schedule is usually posted the day before. Check online to see if yours is listed for tomorrow.
It is scheduled for tomorrow for sure. But she was suppose to serve and file a notice for contempt of order for that same motion and she did not.
Old 08-18-2016, 11:20 AM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mafia007 View Post
It is scheduled for tomorrow for sure. But she was suppose to serve and file a notice for contempt of order for that same motion and she did not.
Maybe she came to her senses or the filing was rejected. There are all sorts of service rules for contempt. Were you personally served the contempt notice? If not, they can't proceed without the affidavit of service that it happened.

They actually have to serve you in person (not your lawyer) the documents.
Old 08-18-2016, 11:06 PM

I wasn't served in person but got a Notice of Motion as a heads up on what they were going to argue but was not signed by my ex and wasn't the right form to use anyway. I ignored it as it was not official.

Today, the Justice advised both lawyers that she was scheduled only to address the access issue. She also noticed that the wrong form was used to address the contempt of order and that it wasn't served and filed by the party properly. Most importantly... it wasn't signed so how could this be brought before the Court? She apparently told my ex's lawyer to "Not even mention the word Contempt Today!"

This issue is still outstanding for the moment.
Old 09-18-2016, 12:56 AM

Update concerning this issue.

On her SC Brief, my STBX is asking for an order to transfer the deeds of the property to her name without my consent.

On my brief, I am asking for sale and partition of the house and division of the equity immediately.
Old 10-18-2016, 03:10 PM

Matrimonial home was ordered to be transferred to her and the equity will be addressed at the equalization process. So I need to wait until trial to found out if I can have my share of the equity or not.

When you have kids and a pension that is worth over 50% of your interest in the matrimonial home, it is very hard to apply the Partition Act in your favor. This is where most of the men are forced to live in a basement and can never afford to buy a house in the future. The Court cannot understand that we "men" cannot live without our garage and tools. They think that we are only good for working and being good payers.
Old 10-18-2016, 03:56 PM

hopefull is on a distinguished road

It's a game of tag.....tag and you are IT. What is the lesson learned? Stay away from an un-equal or don't get caught up in common law / marriage

Quote:
Matrimonial home was ordered to be transferred to her and the equity will be addressed at the equalization process. So I need to wait until trial to found out if I can have my share of the equity or not.

When you have kids and a pension that is worth over 50% of your interest in the matrimonial home, it is very hard to apply the Partition Act in your favor. This is where most of the men are forced to live in a basement and can never afford to buy a house in the future. The Court cannot understand that we "men" cannot live without our garage and tools. They think that we are only good for working and being good payers.
Old 10-19-2016, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefull View Post
It's a game of tag.....tag and you are IT. What is the lesson learned? Stay away from an un-equal or don't get caught up in common law / marriage
The key is to have a marriage contract or a prenuptial contract to secure your pension and hers. This way, if one spouse doesn't built their own pension, they do not have access to the others. Also, the spouse with an accumulated pension is not forced to leave the house to the other spouse and struggling to start all over again.
Old 10-19-2016, 10:27 AM

hopefull is on a distinguished road

In an ideal world ...yes, but you've read stories where prenups/agreements have been thrown out of the window due to changes in circumstance e.g. the other spouse develops a health issue or the like.

What is it they says about best laid plans? You almost need an iron-clad plan on top of a plan.

Quote:
The key is to have a marriage contract or a prenuptial contract to secure your pension and hers. This way, if one spouse doesn't built their own pension, they do not have access to the others. Also, the spouse with an accumulated pension is not forced to leave the house to the other spouse and struggling to start all over again.