Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Financial Issues

Financial Issues This forum is for discussing any of the financial issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2014, 11:38 AM

Janibel will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by MS Mom View Post
Who cares what others are advising "Mr. Wonderful"? Probably the same people who advised him to take his anger out on his wife.
Oh no, his friends had no idea of what was going on in our privacy. He's been seriously ostracized since the sorry mess all came out. In fact that's probably why he is so bitter towards me - by pressing charges and getting him convicted I have shattered his 'Mr wonderful persona'. He's no longer able to maintain the façade. Hopefully the court-ordered anger therapy will make some improvements in that respect?
Old 01-24-2014, 11:42 AM

MS Mom is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janibel View Post
Oh no, his friends had no idea of what was going on in our privacy. He's been seriously ostracized since the sorry mess all came out. In fact that's probably why he is so bitter towards me - by pressing charges and getting him convicted I have shattered his 'Mr wonderful persona'. He's no longer able to maintain the façade. Hopefully the court-ordered anger therapy will make some improvements in that respect?
Yeah, I don't hold hope in court-ordered anger therapy. It's like drinking - you have to want to change.

I know someone who was ordered into a partner assault program out of John Howard Society - standard order for those in domestic violence cases.

At the "court ordered" anger management sessions - he threw a chair through the facility's window. People just don't change because they're "ordered to".
Old 01-24-2014, 11:53 AM

DowntroddenDad will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Yeah, I don't hold hope in court-ordered anger therapy. It's like drinking - you have to want to change.

I know someone who was ordered into a partner assault program out of John Howard Society - standard order for those in domestic violence cases.

At the "court ordered" anger management sessions - he threw a chair through the facility's window. People just don't change because they're "ordered to".
But seriously what you did could be the best thing to happen to him.

He may change, he may not. But he is more likely to see the need for change if he hits rock bottom. You gave him a wake up call, its up to him if he heard it.
Old 01-24-2014, 11:56 AM

Janibel will become famous soon enough

Quote:

I agree, it was ordered as an alternative to sending him to jail (which would have been more expensive to society and probably making STBX worse) and you can't ordain a person to become mentally well or to go to AA meetings if they don't appreciate that they have a problem to begin with.

I got the result that I wanted - extended restraining order. The rest of it is his personal hell to deal with ... I'm free of it finally
Old 01-24-2014, 01:29 PM

MS Mom is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DowntroddenDad View Post
But seriously what you did could be the best thing to happen to him.

He may change, he may not. But he is more likely to see the need for change if he hits rock bottom. You gave him a wake up call, its up to him if he heard it.
That was entirely my point. It's up to them to make the strides necessary to improve their own lives.