Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Financial Issues

Financial Issues This forum is for discussing any of the financial issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2016, 01:11 AM

mafia007 is on a distinguished road

To come back on track... we asked the other party to make an offer toward my legal fees and they have not yet responded. Since time is running, I wrote my request for cost award and forwarded everything to my lawyer, along with the offer I made that included all the items on dispute.

When I was comparing the settlement between the parties on some issues and the order made by the judge with the offer I made directly to her without prejudices a month ago, she would have been in a better stand. If she would have accepted my offer last month, her situation would have been better compared to what the judge ordered. On most financial issues, she got less. On all other issues, I got what I was asking. On custody and access, no change until the report for recommendations is done.

Unbelievable but when I return to the offer I presented her vs what was ordered... I can only thank the good Lord that she has refused.

My lawyer will be serving and filing the request for cost award sometime tomorrow or so.
Old 06-23-2016, 07:55 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

Awesome! I wish you well and look forward to hearing the outcome. Thanks for sharing with us.
Old 08-12-2016, 12:01 AM

Justice came back with his decision on costs and both parties must assume his own costs. I was successful on that motion and no costs awarded against her. I wonder what would have been the outcome on costs if I have been the loser?
Old 08-12-2016, 12:14 PM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mafia007 View Post
Justice came back with his decision on costs and both parties must assume his own costs. I was successful on that motion and no costs awarded against her. I wonder what would have been the outcome on costs if I have been the loser?
Without seeing the order and the resulting order for costs... It is hard to say who the "winner" is. In fact, there are no winners in family law really.
Old 08-12-2016, 01:49 PM

I know there is no winner in Family Law... but everyone is a loser, including the children.

I can guarantee you though, if I would have been unsuccessful on that motion, costs would have been awarded against me with no doubts considering my incomes and the fact that I have a secured income in the long term comparing with my ex.