Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Financial Issues

Financial Issues This forum is for discussing any of the financial issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2010, 11:28 PM

1/2timemom is on a distinguished road

share your holidays, especially Christmas, so one isn't totally left out one year. It REALLY sucks to not see your kids on Christmas. We do the 24 who-ever's week it is, until noon on the 25th, then noon till 9pm 26th. That way one year you get to do the early morning gift stuff and the next the kids are there for the traditional holiday dinner. Also birthdays are important, I agree. I have in my agreement that if the kids are not with me the week of their birthday, we do a lunch date on the day of. Yup it means time off work etc etc, but it's worth it. I never thought of my birthday, but it would definitely be nice as well!
Old 07-30-2010, 11:30 PM

1/2timemom is on a distinguished road

Also, we've encountered some major hurdles around extra curricular activities. Add something in for that. I have had to negotiate with Scout's and with martial arts, to an every other week arrangement because their dad will NOT take them. It's a major pain.
Old 08-04-2010, 03:37 PM

tugofwar is on a distinguished road

If a parent travels out of town for fewer than 48 hours, that parent is responsible for arranging childcare for the children. If a parent is going to be gone for more than 48 hours, then the other parent must be offered first fight of refusal. If that parent cannot care for the children, it is up to the traveling parent to arrange full-time childcare until the return. If a parent accepts care of the children, there will be no make-up time for the absent parent
Old 08-04-2010, 04:20 PM

billiechic is on a distinguished road

1/2 time mom..you have actually arranged for a child to go to extra curriculars every other week? Unless the OCL suggests changes our schedule I am afraid I am going to be stuck with the week on/week off. This is a big concern for me...I can't sign her up for anything as we live too far apart..
Old 08-14-2010, 08:45 AM

blinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura about

Here's a free downloadable form that I'm finding using as a template for our seperation agreement:

http://www.CanDivorce.ca/download/separation.doc
Old 09-19-2010, 06:05 PM

Gary M is on a distinguished road

I did my own and am pretty proud of it: I think it's good, and pretty air-tight. It's long, though, and so I doubt if it'll paste into a topic.

Is there are way to post it as a file (word doc)? - Assuming that's OK with the board administrators AND anybody is interested, of course.

Cheers!

Gary
Old 09-19-2010, 07:09 PM

NBDad is on a distinguished road

Upload it somewhere and post the link perhaps? That or there does appear to be an "attachments" option in the REPLY dialog. (Little paperclip)
Old 09-19-2010, 07:48 PM

Gary M is on a distinguished road

I just spent about 1/2 hour sanitizing it to post, but I'll have to put up a link somewhere: I just tried to upload it but it's 160KB and the forum's max is 19KB

Cheers!

Gary
Old 09-19-2010, 11:31 PM

blinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura about

www.filefactory.com might work for you, Gary.
Old 11-17-2010, 10:18 AM

Frustrated_DAD is on a distinguished road

The tax issue should definietly get added. I've seen where both were claiming a child on income taxes (even though her ex made less then a $11000/yr so it did not help him) and she is now paying back over $7000 to Revenue Canada.
He will not let her claim their child for spite since it does not assist him when he files for income tax return with such a low income.
It should probably be added where the alternate years on who can claim the child. For 50/50 split it would also be the lowest income who gets the monthly Child Tax credits.