Ottawa Divorce .com Forums


User CP

New posts

Advertising

  Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Financial Issues

Financial Issues This forum is for discussing any of the financial issues involved in your divorce.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 02-16-2017, 12:18 AM
arabian's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Western Canada
Posts: 9,961
arabian will become famous soon enough
Default

It's really very simple. Let me explain it to you.

When two people live together and have children there is one home and perhaps a cottage at the lake. The "family" take vacations together, can afford to join in many activities. Live is peachy!

However, there when the happy family separates there is no longer 1 home. Two households are created. Each new household now has to pay utilities, pay mortgage/rent etc.

Do you follow me so far?

What once was one (1) family unit now becomes two (2) family units = double the cost.

It is the view of the Canadian society that children should not be penalized for the choices their parents made. The courts enforce the Canadian laws.

No the higher-income earner can't sock away his/her money without paying the lower-income/no-income earner. This is to even out the standard of living for the children.

So.... you may PERCEIVE that the children receive nothing while at the mother's home. After you tally up the costs of operating her home (as I'm sure you are well aware of what that might be) then make your generalized statement that "nothing is spent on the kids."

That is my explanation.
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 02-16-2017, 12:47 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 63
Newfie76 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arabian View Post
It's really very simple. Let me explain it to you.

When two people live together and have children there is one home and perhaps a cottage at the lake. The "family" take vacations together, can afford to join in many activities. Live is peachy!

However, there when the happy family separates there is no longer 1 home. Two households are created. Each new household now has to pay utilities, pay mortgage/rent etc.

Do you follow me so far?

What once was one (1) family unit now becomes two (2) family units = double the cost.

It is the view of the Canadian society that children should not be penalized for the choices their parents made. The courts enforce the Canadian laws.

No the higher-income earner can't sock away his/her money without paying the lower-income/no-income earner. This is to even out the standard of living for the children.

So.... you may PERCEIVE that the children receive nothing while at the mother's home. After you tally up the costs of operating her home (as I'm sure you are well aware of what that might be) then make your generalized statement that "nothing is spent on the kids."

That is my explanation.
Your Explanation FAILS!!! It remains one sided and never addressed the original comment "MORE CS = better for kids"

My ex spouse already takes more than half of my earning, and she chooses NOT to work due to the amount being "enough" for her.

Following me SO FAR?

So Please lets try this again shall we? How is MORE CS = better for the children? When clearly in my case (and more than half of divorce cases in North america), if my ex actually worked and thus CS was reduced...or CS was not even paid....LIFE for the kids would be far better.

I think the comment was meant to state: " More CS = better life for MOMMY and thus better for the kids too...well maybe. Because our Canadian Society does NOT believe in equality and uses "kids" as a means to take advantage of the situation. Shameful how women in Canada use their own children to get more FREE money. Deadbeat moms!!

Another angle shall we: Having everything thing they need to grow as kids including mom and Dad OR having nothing No education, No extra activities, No trips to see family, no pizza while friends have pizza etc.... and having a mom with big hair, nails, dress and shoes....LOL

Kids dont care if mom or dad lives in a big house!!! They just want their parents and have fun! Less CS gives them both parents and lots of fun. Mom needs to show the kids love and let go the money!!!

80% of kids from divorce resent their mom for taking money from Dad....remember that!!!
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 02-16-2017, 12:58 AM
arabian's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Western Canada
Posts: 9,961
arabian will become famous soon enough
Default

"80% of kids from divorce resent their mom for taking money from Dad....remember that!!!"

Only if good old Dad acts inappropriately and tells the kids this repeatedly.

Come on... you and I both know how simple it is to manipulate someone by simply failing to provide ALL of the information... particularly children. I envision you saying "hey kids" ... "If I didn't have to pay your mom so much money every month we could go to Disneyland every year."

"...having a mom with big hair, nails, dress and shoes...." If all you're paying is enough for this then what are you gurning bout?

Perhaps you're just cheap and are looking for excuses to not buy your kids a lousy piece of pizza? LOL

You chose to have children with the chronically-unemployed woman. You didn't just have 1 child... so this was a intentional act on your part. So.... you have consequences. Get over it already.
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 02-16-2017, 01:19 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 63
Newfie76 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arabian View Post
[B]

You chose to have children with the chronically-unemployed woman. You didn't just have 1 child... so this was a intentional act on your part. So.... you have consequences. Get over it already.
At what point in Canadian law is the man informed that once he marries a woman he must pay for her for the rest of his life? When? No man actually signs this document. Its only when the women looks at him and says....sorry dont love you anymore time for a new man....and oh ya half your pension, half your personal belongings and half you bank account and half your future earnings...thanks".

I hear your argument over and over....it too fails. Only reason its law is due to the lobbying of the feminist movement. Equality does NOT exist!!

The big hair was in satire....keeping up yet?

You still failed to explain MORE CS = better for children.

Making fun that I can not pay for pizza is really not a nice comment...I hope you provide a better example of yourself for those "around" you....keeping up yet?

Yes I chose to have two children with a woman I loved....I would have had ten kids with her, as I had intentions of staying together for life....I do not chose nor did I ever chose to buy her and her boyfriend a house, a car and vacations (without the kids) in the south....and oh ya the big hair too. My society (lobbied by feminists) told me I had to...and therefore I do.

And the 80% statement....Are you saying 80% of dads are bad people? really?

MGTOW
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 02-16-2017, 01:31 AM
arabian's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Western Canada
Posts: 9,961
arabian will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newfie76 View Post
At what point in Canadian law is the man informed that once he marries a woman he must pay for her for the rest of his life? When? No man actually signs this document. Its only when the women looks at him and says....sorry dont love you anymore time for a new man....and oh ya half your pension, half your personal belongings and half you bank account and half your future earnings...thanks".

I hear your argument over and over....it too fails. Only reason its law is due to the lobbying of the feminist movement. Equality does NOT exist!!

The big hair was in satire....keeping up yet?

You still failed to explain MORE CS = better for children.

Making fun that I can not pay for pizza is really not a nice comment...I hope you provide a better example of yourself for those "around" you....keeping up yet?

Yes I chose to have two children with a woman I loved....I would have had ten kids with her, as I had intentions of staying together for life....I do not chose nor did I ever chose to buy her and her boyfriend a house, a car and vacations (without the kids) in the south....and oh ya the big hair too. My society (lobbied by feminists) told me I had to...and therefore I do.

And the 80% statement....Are you saying 80% of dads are bad people? really?

MGTOW

I was parodying your "LOL" remark to me - re-read my comments and you will see that I too put an "LOL" at the end of my sentence. (nice try).

Men like you do not believe in wage parity (equal pay for work of equal value). Too bad about that because if you did then you might not have to pay your ex so much money. No... you instead want to blame "feminists" for all your woes.

You had kids... your wife didn't work and family was economically dependent upon your earnings... your marriage failed (reason is irrelevant)... you pay. Taxpayers certainly shouldn't be on the hook for your sorry lot in life. Taxpayers already pay megabucks for you and/or your ex to receive generous monthly "baby bonus" cheques, not to mention the generous tax deductions. Speaking of tax deductions, your SS portion of your payment to your ex is 100% tax deductible (which you already know).

Yes you can go through life and bitch and gurn about what you have to pay. Or... you can get on with life and encourage your children to fight for wage parity; making good choices in their future relationships; getting good educations so they can have fulfilling careers.

So if you don't want to work any more than you have to that is your choice.

In response to your question: "Are you saying 80% of dads are bad people? really?" Read your own post - I merely quoted what you said buddy.

Last edited by arabian; 02-16-2017 at 01:33 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 02-16-2017, 01:42 AM
arabian's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Western Canada
Posts: 9,961
arabian will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanman View Post
I'm just asking a question and wondering some peoples thoughts.

My base Salary is $67.000 and my work has a Product Incentive Plan which is a variable bonus program, paid monthly. This bonus is budgeted to pay monthly of approximately 20%. but it is never the same.

If and when the STBX's Lawyer serves me for a spousal claim do they just base it off of you tax returns or do I have any argument that its not the same every month sometimes its only 2 to 3 hundred and other months more. I just would hate that if she does get all that she is asking for that some months I would be negative big time.. not that I am not already with child support and mortgage, taxes , bills and then all the kids expenses.


The main question would be is this a valuable argument ?
Back to your original question

When people divorce/separate no one is the winner. Standard of living typically affects both people. With this is mind the courts take a look at your budget and your ex's budget. Actually the budget can be one of the most important documents when determining SS. Keep that in mind.

I'd recommend familiarizing yourself with the use of a common spreadsheet application. Put your income and expenses over the past 3 years on here. Make sure you can corroborate everything (with bank statements, pay slips, etc).

Also important to consider is that your respective positions "net" - after deductions (in paying SS it is 100% tax deductible to you and 100% income to your ex) is often considered. This is why it is so important to detail your month-to-month expenses. My ex was lazy about this and his lawyer didn't pay attention here. I believe I would have received less SS had more attention to detail been exercised.
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 02-16-2017, 01:51 AM
Janus's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,342
Janus will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newfie76 View Post
and people like you for some odd, uneducated reason think that increasing CS will improve their life!!!!
Have you read anything I have ever posted on this site? Do you actually think that I'm pushing for increased levels of child support?

Newfie, I say this out of the kindness of my heart:

You are a terrible advocate for your cause. Your arguments are illogical, childish, and needlessly aggressive. You sound like Rob Ford having a crack-induced rage attack. You are part of the reason that family law is broken. The system has been specifically designed to rein in people like you, and the good fathers of the world have been screwed over as a result.

The best thing you could do is to shut up.

Also, pro tip: Four exclamation marks in a row is about three too many.
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 02-16-2017, 02:41 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 63
Newfie76 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janus View Post
Have you read anything I have ever posted on this site? Do you actually think that I'm pushing for increased levels of child support?

Newfie, I say this out of the kindness of my heart:

You are a terrible advocate for your cause. Your arguments are illogical, childish, and needlessly aggressive. You sound like Rob Ford having a crack-induced rage attack. You are part of the reason that family law is broken. The system has been specifically designed to rein in people like you, and the good fathers of the world have been screwed over as a result.

The best thing you could do is to shut up.

Also, pro tip: Four exclamation marks in a row is about three too many.

Its too bad people like you are not well informed. Education is power my friend. Arrogance is nothing to be proud of. Unfortunately, there are not enough fathers like me...and too many people like you. Hence why were still in this boat.

Education tip: Reducing one self to commenting on writing style within a open forum is a great way of presenting ones egotistical self, in addition to providing a useless piece of information.

MGTOW
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 02-16-2017, 02:54 AM
Janus's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,342
Janus will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newfie76 View Post
Its too bad
*It's*

Quote:
Hence why were still in this boat.
*we're*

Quote:
Reducing one self
*oneself*

Quote:
within a open forum
*an*

Quote:
presenting ones egotistical self
*one's*

Quote:
Education is power my friend
Agreed.
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 02-16-2017, 03:08 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 63
Newfie76 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arabian View Post

You had kids... your wife didn't work and family was economically dependent upon your earnings... your marriage failed (reason is irrelevant)... you pay. Taxpayers certainly shouldn't be on the hook for your sorry lot in life. Taxpayers already pay megabucks for you and/or your ex to receive generous monthly "baby bonus" cheques, not to mention the generous tax deductions. Speaking of tax deductions, your SS portion of your payment to your ex is 100% tax deductible (which you already know).

Yes you can go through life and bitch and gurn about what you have to pay. Or... you can get on with life and encourage your children to fight for wage parity; making good choices in their future relationships; getting good educations so they can have fulfilling careers.

So if you don't want to work any more than you have to that is your choice.

In response to your question: "Are you saying 80% of dads are bad people? really?" Read your own post - I merely quoted what you said buddy.

Where do they dig this crap up?

I love the "taxpayers" comments....love it. Double standard applied throughout your comments. Love how you through in the "make good choices for my kids" as if I stated I was not...I guess you must have read that somewhere (sarcasm).

Your point assumes men have some control over what the wife within a marriage. So, if man meets working woman....falls in love....marry...woman quits job because she does not like it, but does not find replacement job...The man has some say in this? Really? One can voice their opinion...one can not accept it..but one can not FORCE another to work. A wife is not a child nor a dependent. We are not in the 1920s.....

I understand your using current law to prop up your argument....but there are major flaws in our law. And women commonly use arguments such as "...he squandered all our money away when we were married..." to support justification for SS....however in my case when I use that argument... I get "you married her, so tax payers should not be on the hook for your wife", "you need to pay her SS even though she squandered all your money away,"

Yet...some how in your case...you use SS as revenge for your ex squandering away your money...shameful. I know as a man I can not use the same argument....hmmm why is that? ARABIAN? You married your husband...what was yours his his and what is his yours....SS is no method to get back pay for what happened within your marriage. Get over it. I've gotten over what I lost during the marriage...why can't you?

MGTOW
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Question in respect of enforcement of interim spousal support dana2 Divorce & Family Law 1 02-26-2016 11:24 PM
Newb with a question Mackbraemmett Introductions 8 11-20-2013 09:38 PM
Hello and child support question noelle78 Introductions 13 01-25-2011 09:55 PM
another question about child support frustratedwithex Introductions 23 07-08-2010 09:58 PM
Determining Child Support - Full or Half Year's Salary? #1StepMom Financial Issues 6 06-17-2009 09:11 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:12 AM.