Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Financial Issues

Financial Issues This forum is for discussing any of the financial issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2017, 03:16 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tandem80 View Post
What about lawyer fees to have to respond to the lies of a recipient that I am in arrears when I am not? Would the tax man allow payors to claim legal fees because the ex wife was not willing to listen to the payor explaining the support situation and go running to her lawyer each and every time costing me unnecessary legal fees, just to prove there are no arrears?

Good lord I have had to pay put $4000 in the last 2 weeks just to prove I have overpaid in support and owe $87 in section 7 expenses.

IT is crap if it doesnt work both ways.

Welcome to my partners world. He has overpaid expenses and his ex refuses to accept that fact.
Old 06-27-2017, 03:21 PM

Tandem80 is on a distinguished road

Why don't they just listen?

I had to get my lawyer to draw up a proposal $$$$
Respond to affidavit $$$$$

Just to tell her exactly what I have told her personally!!!

She doesnt even understand the terms of our agreement and neither can her lawyer if she has allowed her to bring forward expenses that are clearly stated in our agreement they are not included.
Old 06-27-2017, 03:43 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enough

My partners lawyer told us that the ex can file whatever she wants which means he has to respond. Getting her deemed a vexatious litigant is useless. Which means that even after this filing, she could go and file again in two years for something else. Plus if he loses his job, getting cs reduced would be a nightmare.

Unreasonable and self entitled people are what keeps lawyers in beemers!!!