Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Financial Issues

Financial Issues This forum is for discussing any of the financial issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2016, 12:45 AM
Hand of Justice

Links17 is on a distinguished road

plus you give her new boyfriend time to bang her while she collects alimony and child support from you
Old 07-26-2016, 06:11 AM

North of 40 is on a distinguished road

lol ...I just coughed my coffee up.
Old 07-26-2016, 09:38 AM

LovingFather32 is an unknown quantity at this point

Holy crap .. my coffee ended up on my keyboard too! LMAO

Links, your ex really did a number on you huh? Just remember my friend that females are not all the same. :-)
Old 07-26-2016, 10:41 AM
Hand of Justice

Links17 is on a distinguished road

it's nothing to do with my ex , it's the state of society and the law , men marry for sex, women marry for resources, but when you divorce women still get the money and men get nothing and this is exactly what is happening to this chump
Old 07-26-2016, 11:45 AM

FightingForFamily will become famous soon enough

I try to warn all my younger mid-20s coworkers about their future but no one ever listens until it's too late. Even horror stories about CAS, they don't understand that they have no protection and are just as vulnerable as anyone else. If it can happen to me, it can happen to anyone.
Old 07-26-2016, 11:59 AM

I hear ya FFF. Happened to me too. CAS mopped the floor with the allegations, as did the judges. My motion judge was pissed, stating that he had 3 daughters himself that he bathed all the time. Yep, fathers are indeed capable of giving baths to their daughters despite my ex's beliefs. lol

Last edited by LovingFather32; 07-26-2016 at 12:00 PM. Reason: spell
Old 07-26-2016, 01:03 PM

stripes is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Links17 View Post
it's nothing to do with my ex , it's the state of society and the law , men marry for sex, women marry for resources, but when you divorce women still get the money and men get nothing and this is exactly what is happening to this chump
Speak for yourself, dude, and quit generalizing. Maybe you married solely because you wanted to have sex with your wife, but plenty of men married for more intelligent reasons (and/or were able to have sex without getting married). I certainly didn't marry for resources, nor did any other woman I know.

As for "women still get the money and men get nothing" - not true either. If you look beyond your own sad situation, the numbers say something different. For one example, here's Statistics Canada on the subject of economic status, gender and divorce:

Economic Insights

The takeaway: divorce has a much greater impact on women's economic resources than it does on men's, and the impact for women continues for years, into retirement. For women, the financial impact of divorce is even greater than the impact of widowhood, while men's lives are much less affected.

So the anecdotes about men having to give up everything to the greedy ex-wives are just that - anecdotes. They are not the norm. Divorce is not economically beneficial for either gender, but on average it hits women much harder than men.
Old 07-26-2016, 01:59 PM

I haven't peeked at the stats yet ..

But arriving home to your house locked, a new man man inside, your kids hidden from you, your bank account emptied, CAS/police being called over false allegations ...(I could go on) .. I just have a hard time digesting that "on average it hits women much harder than men" as women don't experience the above as often as men.

Can we agree that both genders are hit hard and leave it at that?

Just my opinion though
Old 07-26-2016, 03:20 PM

stripes is on a distinguished road

That's the point of statistics and research in general - it enables you to get beyond your own experience and see the bigger picture. We live our own individual stories, but these may not be generalizable. It's too bad that Links got married for sex and now his ex has all his money, but it's incorrect for him to say that this is the general rule. When you look at all divorces in Canada, women on average are harder-hit financially than men. This doesn't mean that there are no individual men who are wiped out by divorce. As with everything, your mileage may vary.
Old 07-26-2016, 03:58 PM

I personally don't think that men seek emotional help as much as women due to our prescribed gender roles (men shouldn't cry, etc).
It's very hard to quantify emotional turbulence and create stats...IMO.

Last edited by LovingFather32; 07-26-2016 at 04:04 PM.