Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Financial Issues

Financial Issues This forum is for discussing any of the financial issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2017, 07:58 PM

Beachnana is on a distinguished road

Unless you are after the money I think you should just let him go. No one needs that grief. Make your own life and support yourself and your daughter.

Careful what you wish for! You force his,hand he might just come back,and bite it yours off!
Old 01-04-2017, 08:10 PM

Bellbaby is on a distinguished road

I am after the money. I think he should be supporting the baby. I make enough I can support us. But he makes four times as much as me. I figure it takes a man to sort his child. This one is a boy. So he can support her financially.
Old 01-05-2017, 12:42 AM

Janus will become famous soon enough

The nobility and purity of your actions warm my heart

That said, if he is selling properties in Canada, why can't you just get a lien slapped on them? If you have evidence that they are being sold you can probably get some sort of interim order.
Old 01-05-2017, 07:48 AM

That's the other problem - my baby is only a few months old. Everything is stalled. I filed in court in August, self rep. He never filed his financials, which were due the end of September. So in October I retained a legal aid lawyer. He hired a lawyer in November. His lawyer told him fill out the financials and file your income tax (he never did that either). And he just stopped dealing with his own lawyer. Just up and stopped. His lawyer sent my lawyera letter asking for more time. So my lawyer said he can't do anything until the end of January. We don't even have a court order yet...

I qualify for legal aid and I depleted my savings as my mom was diagnosed with cancer same week I found out I was pregnant and she passed the day I had my baby. And I have no family. So the care and cost was on my shoulders. Lots of people, doctor's, groups did help but it was a huge cost as she had pancreatic and the ill-effects of it hit so fast, I couldn't believe it. It was a missed diagnosis. She was diagnosed and that was it. Within a month she couldn't do anything for herself, so I went off work to do basic daily care for her. She was given two weeks but lasted eight months. She was trying to see the baby. It's awful to say but if she had passed earlier I would've been at work earlier and would've had savings still to hire a more capable lawyer...

I think I'm at a loss and my hands are tied in this situation. I don't think I really have any avenues to take...
Old 01-05-2017, 10:00 AM

Janus will become famous soon enough

Do you have evidence that he is selling properties or not?

Courts are not for people who are cooperating, they are for forcing people to do things when they are not cooperating. You can probably safely assume that if he is planning on selling his stuff and leaving the country that he will never file anything even remotely close to a financial disclosure.
Old 01-05-2017, 10:12 AM

Janus, this is a compliment. You really dumb that down for me. You are entirely right. I have the property statement and proof of one property that's already been sold months ago. The second property has just been listed. I need his final property to go up for sale and that will prove it. Unless he keeps the final property rented out as that is something he's involved in and moved elsewhere into the girlfriend's house. Sorry for any spelling or typing mistakes I'm voice typing this.
Old 01-05-2017, 09:02 PM
Banned

trinton has a little shameless behaviour in the past

you can't go after his property placing liens on it if you're not married. FRO will only go after his property if he is behind in child support. to my understanding, there is no child support order. By the time FRO get's all that in place, which is next to impossible if he's not cooperating, and by that time it will be sold, his credit cards will be maxed out, and he will be living the dream in Dubai while we shovel snow here paying his debts by our tax dollars. We are already paying for your legal aid lawyer with our tax dollars we don't want to pay anymore.

Even if you get a child support order, what money do you expect from him when he's in Dubai? You honestly think that he cares about losing his Canadian passport? or property in Canada? Canada is probably the last of his worries. There are many other countries out there - a lot of them better than Canada.