Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Financial Issues

Financial Issues This forum is for discussing any of the financial issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2017, 11:24 PM

Bellbaby is on a distinguished road
Default Payor might flee

My case is currently stalled in court. The respondent is delaying constantly. He has started to list his properties for sale. He is a pilot with a girlfriend living in Dubai. I have a legal aid lawyer. I think he is about to flee the country as he has threatened it before. My lawyer says the is nothing he can do until the financials are filed by my respondent. Thoughts or suggestions?
Old 01-04-2017, 01:15 AM

Beachnana is on a distinguished road

If you have your children then let him flee. Then pick yourself up and support yourself. Oh and file for sole custody. Sometimes you are better off without the hassles.

Many here have regretted forcing " parent" to be a parent because the tables get turned on them. IMO let him gooooooo!
Old 01-04-2017, 11:01 AM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellbaby View Post
My case is currently stalled in court. The respondent is delaying constantly. He has started to list his properties for sale. He is a pilot with a girlfriend living in Dubai. I have a legal aid lawyer. I think he is about to flee the country as he has threatened it before. My lawyer says the is nothing he can do until the financials are filed by my respondent. Thoughts or suggestions?
No kids who cares. If there are kids then collecting child support from Dubai is impossible.
Old 01-04-2017, 11:20 AM

arabian will become famous soon enough

I believe FRO might possibly have some leverage.... federal pilot license?
Old 01-04-2017, 11:33 AM

rockscan will become famous soon enough

They will confiscate his passport I believe.
Old 01-04-2017, 11:35 AM

arabian will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockscan View Post
yes the passport is one of the first things to go
Old 01-04-2017, 11:45 AM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockscan View Post
They can only do it if he doesn't pay. Also, it sounds like he is a citizen of another country... Possibly one that FRO has no contact with.
Old 01-04-2017, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arabian View Post
I believe FRO might possibly have some leverage.... federal pilot license?
Possibly. But, that is if it wasn't issued by another country that FRO has no contact or bilateral agreement with.
Old 01-04-2017, 12:24 PM

This stuff is so confusing. He does have a federal pilot license. I guess I'd need to do show that there has been no contact and once the final principal residence is listed for sale schedule an emergency motion.

We have a daughter he is refusing to acknowledge. It out him in an uncomfortable situation with his long-term girlfriend he forgot to mention existed.
Old 01-04-2017, 12:24 PM

The problem is the girlfriend is somewhat wealthy so she could finance him to relocate.