Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Financial Issues

Financial Issues This forum is for discussing any of the financial issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2017, 12:32 AM

trinton has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default opting out of a S7 expense

curious, if you have agreed to a S7 expense (which you thought was something other than what it is) can you opt out?

by agreement I don't mean any signed agreement. Just a couple of voluntarily payments towards the expense.

The decision to opt out would be following a direct meeting with the 3rd party S7 service provider - to learn it is not what you were under the impression of it being.

The S7 was unilaterally made without any consultation by me. basically a receipt was thrown out at me a couple months after the decision was made.
Old 01-29-2017, 12:55 AM

arabian will become famous soon enough

Sure - you can opt out of anything. However, you might end up looking like an ahole in the end.

I'd think about how "reasonable" your actions may or may not appear to be, down the road, to a judge.

You have to ask yourself, in the big picture, if you're not agreeing to the expense is important or merely something to pick your ex about.

Perhaps you should voice your objection, pay the bill, and let her know you will not pay for similar thing again in the future?

It's not her fault that you didn't ask questions/research the thing that you are now disputing earlier when you agreed to pay for it.

I
Old 01-29-2017, 11:07 AM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinton View Post
curious, if you have agreed to a S7 expense (which you thought was something other than what it is) can you opt out?
No official agreement then, possibly.

Quote:
by agreement I don't mean any signed agreement. Just a couple of voluntarily payments towards the expense.
Your payment may be seen as an agreement to the expense. The real question is the expense truly SPECIAL and EXTRAORDINARY. So far what I know of your matter the only valid S7 is daycare for the children.

Quote:
The decision to opt out would be following a direct meeting with the 3rd party S7 service provider - to learn it is not what you were under the impression of it being.
Again, does it truly qualify as S7?

Quote:
The S7 was unilaterally made without any consultation by me. basically a receipt was thrown out at me a couple months after the decision was made.
You need to first assess if it qualifies as S7. If it doesn't... then you shouldn't have paid. Your payment may be taken as agreement though.

Without knowing what the expense is... It is hard to say.

Good Luck!
Tayken
Old 01-29-2017, 01:50 PM

trinton has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Mind if I PM you?