Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Financial Issues

Financial Issues This forum is for discussing any of the financial issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2017, 11:34 AM

rockscan will become famous soon enough

BF know that I am terrified of doing anything illegal or fraudulent so I take heed of all of the "sign here to show you agree to this statement" which normally include some sort of language about fraud etc. Which means that if benefits are not used for what they were intended, most companies will ban the user. To me, refusal to use the benefits for what they were intended--braces--is akin to fraud. You may want to do some snooping on who the provider is and what they say.

I do know of people pulling the "submit but keep the money" crap with their benefits though so obviously it happens. It just depends on what your cousin wants to fight. Her ex is an ass from the sounds of it.
Old 06-19-2017, 12:09 PM

Berner_Faith will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockscan View Post
BF know that I am terrified of doing anything illegal or fraudulent so I take heed of all of the "sign here to show you agree to this statement" which normally include some sort of language about fraud etc. Which means that if benefits are not used for what they were intended, most companies will ban the user. To me, refusal to use the benefits for what they were intended--braces--is akin to fraud. You may want to do some snooping on who the provider is and what they say.

I do know of people pulling the "submit but keep the money" crap with their benefits though so obviously it happens. It just depends on what your cousin wants to fight. Her ex is an ass from the sounds of it.

The issue is Dad and his new spouse will use the benefits just won't share it will mom. So it's not fraud in the sense of the benefits right? If he uses the benefits for his portion of the braces the benefits are being used... he just doesn't want to share with mom. It seems her only option would be court which may not be worth it for $2500

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-19-2017, 12:14 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enough

Or you could demand the benefits info and have the doc bill it directly then they are set to split the rest!
Old 06-19-2017, 12:51 PM

Berner_Faith will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockscan View Post
Or you could demand the benefits info and have the doc bill it directly then they are set to split the rest!

Yea unfortunately in her situation I don't think it would work that way. Demanding or asking for things doesn't work with her ex. I'm not sure how she would get that info if they refuse to hand it over. I will pass all this along though. Not sure she still has a lawyer retained but she could always contact her lawyer. A letter may be helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk