Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Financial Issues

Financial Issues This forum is for discussing any of the financial issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2017, 08:40 AM

rockscan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayken View Post
1. Give her the information to the insurance that your partner has.

2. Provide her with the forms from the insurance provider and all other information.

3. Make her submit them.

These should have been submitted to BOTH insurance providers. Also, you can put the children on your insurance (if you have it) too. That way the cost for any of this should be 0$.

It was her mistake that resulted in the expenses. Also, if they don't cross $150 a year then they are not S7 anyways. I can't see how someone with supplemental insurance could have racked up more than $150 in deductibles.

Remember these are potentially S7 expenses and would be split to the proportion of income between both parents.

Good Luck!

Tayken

Kids got "elective" medical care plus thousands in treatment he didn't agree to. Thats how she went over $150.

He gave her all the information well over a year ago. He told her twice after that she could simply provide his benefits info to the service provider and get it covered at the source. Shes been sitting on them for whatever reason (we think because she wanted to offset the money she owed him) and is now telling him she has all these expenses and they have to calculate them. (Its almost ridiculous how she has ignored him for four years and suddenly after she had to pay the money, all these expenses appeared!)

He's now trying to find out if his benefits have a limitation on the time to submit. She waited three years and his benefits may not even cover the bulk of last years expenses let alone the previous years!

The highest expense is therapy which he has had no clue of and does not agree with. I wont get into his reasons. She hasn't discussed with him, hasn't said what its for, hasn't provided a physician referral etc. just "I paid $4000 you owe me."

I will put them on mine, last year I had no coverage so its moot for these expenses.
Old 03-30-2017, 09:38 AM

rockscan will become famous soon enough
Default Medical expenses

My partners ex has now sent him a request to fund therapy. He's already told her twice he doesn't agree. Kid has told him AGAIN no to any relationship because of mothers alienation. Therapy is obviously not working to support this. Ex put kid in therapy without his knowledge or input several years ago and now is demanding he pay a portion. Nothing in their agreement says he has to agree. Should he ignore?

ETA: she provided no details on why, how, where, when etc.
Old 03-30-2017, 10:13 AM

Janus will become famous soon enough

In thinly related news, Trump thinks that Mexico is going to pay for a border wall.

I anticipate that his success in that endeavor will match the success of your partner's ex.