Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Financial Issues

Financial Issues This forum is for discussing any of the financial issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2014, 10:50 PM
Hand of Justice

Links17 is on a distinguished road
Default LoL@custody

I'm doing the math right now and for 2015, as things stand now I'll have 38% custody if calculated by the hour and 41% custody if calculated by nights slept.

Just enough to make sure the ex cashes in (they'll use by the hour)
Old 01-18-2014, 11:37 PM

FWB is an unknown quantity at this point

@Links17....

I guess you should be happy with what you've got eh......am sure you are asking the question, where is "equality" when you need it?

I am sure you are already on top of things, but cherish every moment and make the most of of that 38% access time. I make the most of my 50% that only materialized after putting my money where my mouth is.

I do not get any help to raise our child, and sure do not expect anybody to contribute anything towards the upbringing of our child i.e. coat cut according to size.
Old 01-19-2014, 12:21 AM
Hand of Justice

Quote:
I make the most of my 50% that only materialized after putting my money where my mouth is.
That's a mistake, you pay taxes for justice, you're also ethically entitled to the money you earn. Never forget the judges work for us.

When I'm done with my personal issues, I'm going to definitely raise awareness on the problems in family law and hopefully at least bring some awareness....
Old 01-19-2014, 12:40 AM

Quote:
you're also ethically entitled to the money you earn. Never forget the judges work for us.
I'll like to think am ethically entitled to the money I earn....I am happy to have a job for life, I don't have anyone handing me / have a 3rd party hand me money they worked hard for.

We all work for / answer to somebody, but there will always be unfairness in this world either through abuse of delegated "powers" or other means.

Again...although it was unnecessary to have been put through the access/ custody thing, I won't hesitate doing it again in another life because obviously am not bound to find myself in that situation again in this lifetime.

For us fathers that don't abandon our children, they will thank us for it in the future, and well of course kids will come to see for themselves where the evil lies.

Hatred, Animosity, malice, nastiness, viciousness, abuse, discrimination etc has no place in this world....but we pray for and forgive those that live their lives by these acts......I mean just look at how Nelson Mandela handled his situation

Last edited by FWB; 01-19-2014 at 12:51 AM.
Old 01-19-2014, 08:14 AM

Berner_Faith will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Links17 View Post
I'm doing the math right now and for 2015, as things stand now I'll have 38% custody if calculated by the hour and 41% custody if calculated by nights slept.

Just enough to make sure the ex cashes in (they'll use by the hour)
Why would you allow them to use by the hour? There have been many discussions about this and tons of case law about judges not counting hours. But that is up to you to seek a change or let your ex take advantage
Old 01-19-2014, 09:21 AM
Hand of Justice

In quebec the jurisprudence says otherwise, its a lost cause unless I want to go to the supreme court and then that officially has a snowball's chance in hell
Old 01-19-2014, 09:40 AM

arabian will become famous soon enough

Quebec's Child Support Determination form doesn't specify hours anywhere that I can see so why do you think it would be calculated that way? Does your ex have an order granting her the right to calculate CS other than the following?:

http://www.justice.gouv.qc.ca/englis...ix-ligne-a.pdf

I certainly have no experience with child support but I am curious as you often state that things are much different and better in Quebec.

I googled and came up with this one which was put on internet on January 6, 2014:

http://www.justice.gouv.qc.ca/englis...e/modele-a.htm

Last edited by arabian; 01-19-2014 at 09:54 AM.
Old 01-19-2014, 10:24 AM

Quote:
things are much different and better in Quebec.
As someone that has lived in that Province, when it comes to CS and SS amongst other things......."things are much different and better"

Last edited by FWB; 01-19-2014 at 10:46 AM.
Old 01-19-2014, 10:42 AM

arabian will become famous soon enough

I should be careful of Googling and citing a Statistics Canada source?

I'm not sure of the relevance Cirque de soleil owner's divorce is in regard to this thread (hours vs. days in determining child support).
Old 01-19-2014, 12:01 PM

BitHunter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Links17 View Post
I'm in the exact same situation, but in Ontario.
I'm glad that I have ~40% with my daughter, as I started from 4 hour access once a month, but to fill up the time with programs require a lot of money. And unfortunately what I pay as CS is not spent on her.