Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Financial Issues

Financial Issues This forum is for discussing any of the financial issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2016, 12:47 PM

zanman is on a distinguished road
Default legal costs

Hi Everyone

I have a question regarding legal costs , If i was to loose a case conference would I be liable for her legal costs if they were to go after it
Old 10-04-2016, 03:27 PM

Kinso is an unknown quantity at this point

You can't 'lose' a case conference. Case Conferences are intended to be a discussion about the case, not a motion or a trial where there are winners and losers.

There are two exceptions to this:

1) If you fail to be properly prepared for a discussion on the merits of the case (ie. not filing a brief, not showing up, not providing proper disclosure as required by the Family Law Rules), you can be ordered to pay costs.

2) If there is notice of a motion that will be heard concurrently with the conference, and if the judge allows, they can order costs.