Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Financial Issues

Financial Issues This forum is for discussing any of the financial issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2014, 03:07 AM

geena is on a distinguished road
Default late to file motion to change support help

I was served with the motion to change paperwork from Respondent.
I worked on my own paperwork and had to see duty council to understand what to do. I cannot afford a lawyer.
I made a request to the Respondents lawyer, and they moved it to the 20th after my request that my appointment was on the 20th. They then responded back stating they thought I was responding on that date and to provide a name of who I was seeing so they could verify I did indeed have an appointment and that I was indeed taking this seriously. I did give them that information. I also received the second "Offer to Settle" which I needed to speak with a lawyer about. They stated that the offer was open till the 27th giving me time to file and submit.
Looking at the paperwork, where it says the offer was open to the 27th its also states unless I send the consent, they will not offer any more extensions.
Im so confused and mixed up. I am ready to send everything to them for the 27th, and am wondering if I am going to be too late and will have the court grant them what they want?
I guess my question is if you file late (and it was so a misunderstanding of the paperwork) will they not allow you to file? Am I going to lose? He is asking to remove spousal support, as well as not have to pay retro child support. SO CONFUSED