Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Financial Issues

Financial Issues This forum is for discussing any of the financial issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2016, 03:17 PM

Berner_Faith will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachnana View Post
Not going to respond to,what you might think are " outside influences injecting into the relationship"

As Arabian pointed out Mom has disclosed to Dad that she is on Mat leave and will not be using daycare for the next 12 months so I agree with Arabian the court is in Dad's end to decide how he would like to,handle,this.

I believe there would be some costs involved if either party wanted to give FRO a new directive on daycare payments for the next 12 months. Something Mom is not prepaid to pay out especially as Dad owes $$$$$ in CS and daycare arrears.

Their CS/section 7 order has a provision for a annual reconciliation with a date specified for income tax returns and figuring out any under or over,payments.

I can assure you Dad would not pay any underpayments at the time of reconciliation so why make it easy for,him. I feel we can wait until June 1st and do the math,and send,the monies owed then. In the meantime put the amount into savings so it's readily available.

There decision made.
This seems like a backwards way of doing this and an attempt to get Dad back. Your daughter is not entitled to daycare expenses, she KNOWS that, so why would she accept them, just to pay Dad back in June. The simplest way to do this and the one that makes the most sense, would be for Mom just to forward the day care expenses back to Dad. This saves both them money from having to get a new order (Dad would have to get one to reduce his day care costs and Mom would have to get one to start it up again).
Old 11-17-2016, 03:48 PM

Beachnana is on a distinguished road

Berner-Faith you are,likely correct on your comments. But Dad owes $$$k and has ignored paying them. In fact laughs at the fact he owes her money so why would she voluntarily pay him back the monthly daycare.

Their order states that there is to be a annual reconciliation on June 1 which will enable any monies owed to either partyto be settled directly.

I can bet the bank on it if he owes her any money he would ignore it. So might as well wait until the June 1 date when tax returns are exchanged and make the calculations. He might actually do his tax return then. But over the last 3 years he has lied and avoided the issue because his income was grossly understated.

I agree in a simple world she should be able to return the money each month but their are so many months where he actually does not pay it.
Old 11-17-2016, 05:41 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

Let the dick-head go through FRO to make adjustments and determine credits/refunds. If I recall he certainly hasn't made things easy for your daughter in the past. FRO has a job to do and I'd let them do it.