Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Financial Issues

Financial Issues This forum is for discussing any of the financial issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2017, 12:30 PM

niagaramom is on a distinguished road
Default I beg to differ!

To Mafia007: I was never worried or anxious to get what my child was entitled to. I am not or never was a "gatekeeper" as you imply. My ex has never "ONCE" been denied access and I was always open to extra access. You say"The system works against the non-custodial parent." For years, all my ex would say that he couldn't wait to get me in front of a judge, but when he was days away from his opportunity, it suddenly wasn't a good idea.
I have checked out some your posts and got the gist of what your situation is all about. On that I will not comment. In one of your last posts dated July 24/17 you indicate you have received a letter to appear in 2 weeks to set a trial date in Sept. In effect your trial should only be weeks away. Hopefully, once and for all, you can get all your issues settled. I sincerely wish you well!
Old 08-21-2017, 08:15 PM

Stillbreathing is on a distinguished road

Congratulations Niagaramom. Your story at least has a happy ending. I've been waiting close to 7 years now to go to trial. My ex has managed to have trial dates put off 8 times now. I am the custodial parent. At one point the children and I were homeless living out of my car while my multi-millionaire brain injured ex refused to pay child support. FRO wouldn't even go after him because he had made a $25 payment and was therefor making an effort. They finally took action when I sicked the Ombudsman on them.

It's been 7 years. Still waiting for calculation and payment of significant arrears, section 7 and property division. Not a single issue settled. I'm thoroughly disgusted with the court system.

I guess they must think that court ordering the custodial parent and children into poverty and homelessness is in the best interests of the children. Judges are a bunch of sick and twisted psychopaths.

Last edited by Stillbreathing; 08-21-2017 at 08:26 PM.
Old 08-23-2017, 12:01 AM

mafia007 is on a distinguished road

niagaramom, I wasn't insinuating that you were a gatekeeper. I was generally speak... writing.

Happy it's over for you.