Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Financial Issues

Financial Issues This forum is for discussing any of the financial issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2017, 05:28 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

My lawyer has terrible comments on the online thing. I didn't know this until a year after I had retained him and he asked me if I had ever checked it. Then I was curious.

I'd really be very specific insofar as to what your expectations are and put it to the lawyer.

My lawyer does not offer free 1/2 hr consultations (as far as I know most do not).
Old 04-05-2017, 05:51 PM

Janus will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayken View Post
Never ever ever ever threaten you will bring criminal charges in a civil suit. It is a huge no-no.
Only if you are dumb enough to put the threat in writing.
Old 04-06-2017, 12:02 PM

plainNamedDad44 is on a distinguished road
Default Can anyone say something to calm me down

Hi,

I've reached out to a number of civil lawyers, waiting to hear back. I am not eating or sleeping. Total blind side with this tort.

Can someone tell me something to calm me down.

Old 04-06-2017, 12:09 PM

I am thinking get the tort claim severed. then have the kids swear affidavits as to what really happened and use them in civil court. They will tell the truth. 3 of my 4 are old enough.
Old 04-06-2017, 12:09 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enough

You have time to respond. You can also adjourn it. Consider this: you dont have to pay anything until a judge decides and you get to present your side. Stay calm and wait for a call back from a lawyer. You will be ok.

If that doesnt work, look at everything else this woman has thrown at you and you survived. You will get through this!

And if THAT doesnt work, look at your kids. You saved them from this woman. Youre a hero.

Its just words on a piece of paper!!
Old 04-06-2017, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockscan View Post
You have time to respond. You can also adjourn it. Consider this: you dont have to pay anything until a judge decides and you get to present your side. Stay calm and wait for a call back from a lawyer. You will be ok.

If that doesnt work, look at everything else this woman has thrown at you and you survived. You will get through this!

And if THAT doesnt work, look at your kids. You saved them from this woman. Youre a hero.

Its just words on a piece of paper!!
Thank you RS. Given the disgrace of an assault around my neck I am truly grateful for everyone's support.

I am a good Dad, and would give anything for my kids. My son heard me sobbing last night like an idiot and stayed with me the whole night.

Forever thankful.

PND
Old 04-06-2017, 12:20 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enough

Things happen. No one is perfect and we all make mistakes. You did what you did. You took your punishment and you continue to atone for what happened. Theres no excuse for her to capitalize on this to punish you and your kids.
Old 04-07-2017, 12:34 PM
Hand of Justice

Links17 is on a distinguished road

Why are you worried.... Honestly, your kids came to live with YOU the proof is in the pudding.
Old 04-07-2017, 01:51 PM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Links17 View Post
Why are you worried.... Honestly, your kids came to live with YOU the proof is in the pudding.
This is a very valid point.
Old 04-07-2017, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Links17 View Post
Because the tort claim is kind of different. Its not about me being the better parent, its about liability for damages.

What she's putting forward as the account of events is patently false, but something did happen. The number she is asking for means I would work until I die to life a sub standard live and that I could never retire. Thats what worries me.

Mind you, I felt alot worse when I didn't have the children. I guess worst case I'll live with them. LoL