Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Financial Issues

Financial Issues This forum is for discussing any of the financial issues involved in your divorce.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2012, 08:25 PM

atlanticcanadian is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to atlanticcanadian
Default He already has

When he take them for everything they are worth, he will move on.

What got me going was his lawyer. She is going to make a fortune off of them.
Old 07-17-2012, 08:29 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

It's pretty stupid isn't it? My ex has a a new life, new girlfriend, and you would think he'd have better places to spend his money than with a lawyer. In my case I think he just didn't get hit with enough legal bills. Well that's going to change real soon. We're talking down-payment for a house type of legal bills. Totally stupid. Total case of I TOLD YOU SO.

[IN MY OPINION]
Old 07-17-2012, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arabian View Post
It's pretty stupid isn't it? My ex has a a new life, new girlfriend, and you would think he'd have better places to spend his money than with a lawyer. In my case I think he just didn't get hit with enough legal bills. Well that's going to change real soon. We're talking down-payment for a house type of legal bills. Totally stupid. Total case of I TOLD YOU SO.

[IN MY OPINION]
My ex has more money than brains. He thinks I care about the new family. I don't give a rats ass. She should be figuring him out outside of the hotel bed by now or will shortly. Found out he lied on Income Tax Returns and his dumb lawyer placed them through to the Court.

My former lawyer didn't want the legal fees and told me not to contact him unless it was essential. even though the Court and MEPS was contacting me to contact him. I had to remind him of the same thing over and over. This is my ex's second lawyer. Have a feeling he will move on from her soon too.

Last edited by atlanticcanadian; 07-17-2012 at 08:35 PM.
Old 07-17-2012, 08:48 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

My ex had bogus tax returns and had filed it in court as well. I do know CRA was watching him closely. Ex's girlfriend tried desperately to sic CRA on me (I was contacted) but I have nothing to hide so she ended up looking really stupid, and non-credible to them in the end. She ended up eating most of the dust she kicked up as my ex had to file an adjusted return. Karma.

A lawyer not wanting legal fees? How unusual.

My ex has been through 4 lawyers so far. Yawn. I'm sure he's onto a new one soon. Think I'll start a thread asking people about the most bizarre retainer arrangements they've heard about. I'm sure my ex has something "creative" going on as he is an undischarged bankrupt.
Old 07-30-2012, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arabian View Post
Well you have to get your shit together. File your defense or hire a lawyer to do it for you. IF you go to Provincial Court of Ontario under forms you can see what forms you have to fill out and file (as well as who you have to file with). Very straightforward. So you have 3 choices: a) retain a lawyer, b) fill out forms yourself, or c) do nothing which essentially means you agree with your ex.

Playing a victim, or stupid, or overwhelmed will get you no where. Sounds like negotiating time is over and they want resolution.
Hired a lawyer. I don't got time for reading the law and trying to figure out how it applies to my case in Nova Scotia. However, today I was told he will give me something every two weeks; but, without an Order that isn't good enough.
Closed Thread