Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Financial Issues

Financial Issues This forum is for discussing any of the financial issues involved in your divorce.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2008, 03:32 PM

#1StepMom is on a distinguished road

I guess luckily (for the recipient) my hubby's payments aren't garnished straight from his employer, but are automatically withdrawn in their entirety from his bank account on the 1st of each month.

The only thing that I find positive about the payments being garnished directly at the income source is that if ever the payor does not make enough money one month, only 50% of his earnings are garnished, even if that is less than the amount of child support. But otherwise, I think it's a hassle. That's why we changed to automatic deductions directly from the payor. Even though it's draining our account now that hubby hasn't had a paycheck in almost 2 months!
Old 12-16-2008, 03:43 PM

Kimberley is on a distinguished road

That's very difficult for you both, but also, what great parents you both are to ensure that the child does not go without.
I have no other choice but to have my ex's waged garnished, he will not pay otherwise, so all I can do is sit & wait in hopes that something arrives at some point in the month.
Old 12-16-2008, 10:07 PM

AtALoss is on a distinguished road

I have had to do the same Kimberly. My spouse was the same he told me if I was lucky I would get $75 a month CS and spousal does not exist in Canada. Boy was he wrong. I will be respectful and not say how much but it did not help that he lied about his income.
As for the time it takes FRO I have heard both stories out of them. So I guess most days your guess could be as good as mine.
Closed Thread