Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Financial Issues

Financial Issues This forum is for discussing any of the financial issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2017, 08:19 AM

zanman is on a distinguished road
Default financial report form 13

Hi Everyone

Does anyone have advice on doing a financial report form 13. My STBX has now served me with an application requesting spousal after 3.5 years of separation and we even did our own home we did.

Just wanna know if there is anything or advice on them that will help me. I completed allot of it already but there is not much left over for spousal support once Mortgage and taxes and child support and all other day to day costs ?
Old 07-11-2017, 08:39 AM

rockscan will become famous soon enough

The search tool on this site is your friend. There are plenty of posts on this. Its a straightforward form.
Old 07-11-2017, 08:51 AM

Rioe will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanman View Post
Hi Everyone

Does anyone have advice on doing a financial report form 13. My STBX has now served me with an application requesting spousal after 3.5 years of separation and we even did our own home we did.

Just wanna know if there is anything or advice on them that will help me. I completed allot of it already but there is not much left over for spousal support once Mortgage and taxes and child support and all other day to day costs ?
Just fill it out honestly.

Not having much leftover after expenses is normal. Many people live paycheck to paycheck and struggle to handle unexpected expenses. If anything, it shows that you don't have the ability to pay SS.
Old 07-11-2017, 10:26 AM

Hi Everyone

Also I have my base salary at 65,000 then we have an employee incentive plane that can pay 20% salary , but some month its low and others it higher .

How do you go about showing your monthly income ? before taxes

Would this be your hourly rate x hours a month
Old 07-12-2017, 12:20 PM

Hi Also have a question in regarding the value of the home , ?
Old 07-12-2017, 01:42 PM

Rioe will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Also I have my base salary at 65,000 then we have an employee incentive plane that can pay 20% salary , but some month its low and others it higher .

How do you go about showing your monthly income ? before taxes

Would this be your hourly rate x hours a month
You can't ignore your incentive income. I'd suggest using the average total monthly income over the last year.
Old 08-20-2017, 12:01 PM

undersc0re is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Hi Everyone

Do people actually win spousal support after waiting 3.5 years to ask for it!? Sorry to change the topic a bit just wondering about this.
Old 08-20-2017, 10:39 PM

foreverhome is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by undersc0re View Post
Do people actually win spousal support after waiting 3.5 years to ask for it!? Sorry to change the topic a bit just wondering about this.
Of course they do. A court may impose an obligation as far back as the date of separation