Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Financial Issues

Financial Issues This forum is for discussing any of the financial issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2017, 02:34 PM

freckles1234 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingFather32 View Post
Okay .. so you feel my pain on this one. Very similar stuff. My ex must be doing a good job with D5 as she is happy and thriving across all domains. Her teacher said we didn't even need a parent-teacher interview...so proud of her.
I have nothing bad to say about my ex .. we're co-parenting like champions. I just wish she could pull her weight financially or else D5 may be the one doing without. What am I saying....I'll work 6 jobs if I have to so that D5 can still enjoy seeing her friends and enjoying these 2 activities. I just wish it didn't have to be like that.

I just peeked at my agreement again and absolutely nothing about extra curricular expenses were mentioned.
I do feel your pain! I thank god every day for my wife who helps with paying the fees and does most of the driving (I work night shift so I cant do all the practices). That is awesome that your daughter is thriving! Honestly, count your blessings! My daughter is being put in the middle no matter how hard I try to keep her out.

My feelings exactly! I would work 6 jobs and not sleep in order to give my daughter what she wants. She loves cheer and it is her getaway from life. I would sell my right hand to keep her in it!

It was put in my agreement because I insisted on a clause stating that she can do cheer (her mom has tried to pull her out 2 times because she "didn't like it") If it isn't in there the best you can do is ask but dont expect it will happen.
Old 05-16-2017, 04:28 PM

LovingFather32 is an unknown quantity at this point

This is totally unrelated .. but the first real hiccup since our order.

D5's B-day lands on my day this year (did last year as well). But since it's the middle of the week (Wednesday) I will be having it on a different weekend.

Anyways .. my ex's response wasn't too happy. She said that since she wasn't going to have D5 on her b-day again that she was going to go.

I haven't been on a field trip with D5 yet this year, it's my "parenting time" and I took my last vacation day for it. I don't think I'll even respond to her correspondence. Thoughts?
Old 05-16-2017, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingFather32 View Post
This is totally unrelated .. but the first real hiccup since our order.

D5's B-day lands on my day this year (did last year as well). But since it's the middle of the week (Wednesday) I will be having it on a different weekend.

Anyways .. my ex's response wasn't too happy. She said that since she wasn't going to have D5 on her b-day again that she was going to go.

I haven't been on a field trip with D5 yet this year, it's my "parenting time" and I took my last vacation day for it. I don't think I'll even respond to her correspondence. Thoughts?
Sorry .. typed that fast. I'd like to attend a field trip that happens to be on same day aa her bday. Order states that whoever has that day gets her.
Old 05-16-2017, 04:57 PM

Berner_Faith will become famous soon enough

No need for a response just go on the field trip... if she shows up as well oh well... then your daughter gets the benefit of having both parents there right? Or if you really don't want to see ex let her go and you can see D5 after school

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-16-2017, 05:00 PM

Beachnana is on a distinguished road

How quickly has she forgotten Mother's Day
And all your kind deeds
And thoughts
Old 05-16-2017, 05:13 PM

I don't think she's trying to be difficult or anything ... she just wants to see d5 on her bday.

I understand that these things will even out over the years with scheduling .... but she's got to go on field trips this year and I haven't yet. Already booked my last vacation day .... so I'm going to use it. I suppose I could go with ex.....but I'd rather have my time with D5 just as ex has on field trips.
I'm not turning this into a battle....that's for sure.
Old 05-16-2017, 05:47 PM

SadAndTired is on a distinguished road

I wonder since paying for ballet is causing trouble if you and your girlfriend should reconsider having a baby until you are more financially stable? Possibly after girlfriend has her own job?

Babies are very expensive. If you're considering having to decide between Sparks and ballet, likely this isn't the time for a new baby.
Old 05-16-2017, 06:01 PM
Banned

trinton has a little shameless behaviour in the past

What does your order say about S7 expenses? Did she agree to these things you enrolled the child to - that you both discussed that it was a necessity ? Would a judge agree that they are a necessity ? How long has the child been enrolled ? Does she have the necessity means to afford them? If so, what percentage could you say she can she afford?

Both so called "s7 expenses" that my ex has unilaterally created without discussion or agreement (both of which I am disputing as necessity), she has not been able to get anything from me. The judge basically told her tough luck at our last court date.

As per her income.. I would think that a minimum imputed salary of $15/ hour would make much more sense for someone with a degree. In what field does she have a degree in and what job search efforts has she made ?

Last edited by trinton; 05-16-2017 at 06:08 PM.
Old 05-16-2017, 06:11 PM
Banned

trinton has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by SadAndTired View Post
I wonder since paying for ballet is causing trouble if you and your girlfriend should reconsider having a baby until you are more financially stable? Possibly after girlfriend has her own job?

Babies are very expensive. If you're considering having to decide between Sparks and ballet, likely this isn't the time for a new baby.
They'll be eligible for a baby bonus as well as the new universal child tax benefit that Trudeau brought to life.
Old 05-16-2017, 07:16 PM

The thread was initiated to inquire about S7 expenses and whether both parents should be trying to help out...even with some of the school stuff...anything. Also, if I should even ask her if she could help. I pay everything .. the school supplies, pizza days, milk orders, field trips, dance, sparks, shoes, coats, etc.

I already have a thread about our decision to have a new baby .. which we are trying for right now and very excited about. I can barely sleep I'm so excited.

I think Berner's post in my other thread summed it up nicely:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berner_Faith View Post
I have to agree with you... there really is never a "perfect" time... we thought we waited for the perfect time three years ago and then life had other plans... took us three years to finally be able to say we are pregnant. Money is made every day and sometimes you sacrifice what you have to for your children. Best of luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I couldn't have said it any better than Berner. Money comes .. money goes. We're nowhere near the poor house.

Please keep the thread on topic .. if you want to start a convo about having a new baby please visit my other thread touching on that subject. Thanks S&T :-)

Last edited by LovingFather32; 05-16-2017 at 07:22 PM.