Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Financial Issues

Financial Issues This forum is for discussing any of the financial issues involved in your divorce.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2011, 10:57 AM

punked is on a distinguished road

Ahhhhhhhhh - Littlemen, Littlemen. Living in their LittleLives.
Old 11-03-2011, 10:57 AM

littleman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingDAD View Post
here is your answer littleman
get the child UNUSED to it
Old 11-03-2011, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by punked View Post
Ahhhhhhhhh - Littlemen, Littlemen. Living in their LittleLives.
btw I run my whole household on less than 3k per month- with 17 year old bottomless eating machine....Im not sure why a child would ever need 5k a month to live. That must be some house!!! Or possibly a whole new set of braces every month
Old 11-03-2011, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingDAD View Post
I do not... so your statement a false. I was talking about really hard cases.

If you (your family) could afford 5k a month for child did you stay at home too with child to save on child care?
Of course not! That's what the nanny is for
Old 11-03-2011, 11:04 AM

WorkingDAD is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Of course not! That's what the nanny is for
so how you related to frase you wrote

Quote:
give up or severely modify careers to stay home with children
and where is your entitlement for SS ?
Old 11-03-2011, 11:06 AM

there is part of the problem.....let your child come back to reality
put them in an apartment, daycare, ex gets job and goes to work like everyone else (shows responsibility to child), sell the BMW/Lexus and get a Ford. Live life within your means not the means you can obtain with someone else supporting you. Heres a reality for you. What if the one paying SS died then what? The recipient is FORCED to get a job and they wont be making no 5k per month after taxes and if they are then they should have been working all along.
Old 11-03-2011, 11:07 AM

WorkingDAD is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleman View Post
btw I run my whole household on less than 3k per month- with 17 year old bottomless eating machine....Im not sure why a child would ever need 5k a month to live. That must be some house!!! Or possibly a whole new set of braces every month
common LittleMan
read between the lines

Quote:
My child is used to $5,000 a month to support the lifestyle - my child should not have to live in a slum because Daddy decided to move on to a newer, brighter model!
that really not about child - it about newer, brighter model!

and BTW topic was SS not CS.
Old 11-03-2011, 11:11 AM

Quote:
In this world of ever growing entitlement era I feel that things are being lost. People say that this generation of children are born in the "entitlement era" I want to know where the hell these people (be it CP, NCP, or just ex wives/husbands) get off feeling they are entitlted to spousal support. How about being entitled to getting off your ass and supporting yourself instead of living off everyone and everything around you!!!! Im just fed up with these questions like if I make 45k and he makes 60k then am I entitled to SS. NO you ass you arent. If you want to maintain same lifestyle then either do not get a divorce and go back to him or get another job to bring your income up to that. Seriously people get off your highg horses and coem back to reality. This world was not built on entitlement and it will not continue if that is the general thinking. The only entitlement is CS and that is only table amount. You cannot tell/convince me that one child needs over 1000$/month to live. If you believe so then you need a reality check.
I just had to rant cause I find it is getting too much.
And - yes - I can tell you - that there are cases where a child needs over $1,000.00 per month to live.

And - yes - I think that he is talking about cs - not ss - if I am wrong - please correct me.
Old 11-03-2011, 11:13 AM

Quote:
there is part of the problem.....let your child come back to reality
put them in an apartment, daycare, ex gets job and goes to work like everyone else (shows responsibility to child), sell the BMW/Lexus and get a Ford. Live life within your means not the means you can obtain with someone else supporting you. Heres a reality for you. What if the one paying SS died then what? The recipient is FORCED to get a job and they wont be making no 5k per month after taxes and if they are then they should have been working all along.
And herein is the problem with society - the acceptance of mediocrity

I never said someone else was supporting me.

I said that the amount of child support that might be required to be paid is commensurate with the income of the payor and the lifestyle prior to separation.

Just look at celebrities. They are not the norm - but their spawn certainly are entitled to be supported by Daddy just like when they lived with Daddy - or perhaps just like when their Moms lured Daddy into a hotel room and poked a hole in the condom

Last edited by punked; 11-03-2011 at 11:21 AM. Reason: casue i had to
Old 11-03-2011, 11:17 AM

Quote:
And herein is the problem with society - the acceptance of mediocrity
Mediocrity??? I dont think so!!!! It is called reality. If your ex needs 5000$ a month to support a child you got hosed. What is your ex going to do if God forbids you die? who is going to pay that 5k a month you so generously give? thats right me cause your ex doesnt have any life skills let alone job skills to be self sufficient.
Closed Thread