Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Financial Issues

Financial Issues This forum is for discussing any of the financial issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2014, 12:56 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

I have certainly been guilty of this with our adult son. I suppose part of me feels guilty that his father and I divorced. I realize the mistake I have made by letting son freeload for way too long. Interesting that when I was still married, our son did indeed pay rent. He got off the hook,so-to-speak, as soon as the divorce commenced.
Old 01-23-2014, 01:02 PM

FWB is an unknown quantity at this point

It not just the free living with some of these scallywags that still live at home past the age of 19...it's the fact that SOME don't even do chores, some which include their own bloody laundry for crying out loud, helping in the kitchen, in the garden, shoveling the driveway etc

Parents will definitely reap what they sow...perhaps it's a reflection of how they were brought up? So it's a cycle that carries on down the generations

Personally...I'll have be ashamed to take GFs back to my folks place past the age of 19. You see some of these people poncing around in their flashy cars, meanwhile they are sponging off mum& dad / BF/GF