Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Financial Issues

Financial Issues This forum is for discussing any of the financial issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2013, 11:27 AM

HammerDad will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by FB_ View Post
Guidelines are not LAW.

If she wants more make her get it. Otherwise you follow the agreement. Not even worth a single discussion/word/email/text.
^^^ This.

If they want it, they have two choices:

1. get you to renegotiate the agreement to increase the amount; or
2. go to court and get it increased.

It doesn't increase simply because C/S ends.
Old 10-30-2013, 11:28 AM

KW_Divorced is on a distinguished road

Thanks all. The reason I do want to pursue this is because it is very clear Child support should be reduced and there is no way she will agree to it unless SS is increased. I will continue to pay CS until she agrees to change it, even though she is ignoring the dispute resolution mechanisms...and she wants to tie increases in SS to offset reduction in CS. So that means, it I leave it alone, I will continue to pay CS unnecessarily and if I cut her off, she can simply go to the FRO and get an enforcement for CS, regardless of circumstances supporting a reduction. So I have no choice but to continue fighting to reduce CS, right? Otherwise, I will pay through the nose when I shouldn't have to. The system is unfair beyond measure.
Old 10-30-2013, 11:35 AM

takeontheworld has a little shameless behaviour in the past

If you are paying cs now that is no longer necessary you yourself can file and serve a motion to change form. Its located at the court house. I assume youre in kw? Court house has moved to frederik st just down from the Rogers building. Or you could download them online from ontariocourtforms.ca
Hope for the best from there.
Old 10-30-2013, 11:48 AM

Thanks for the website link Takeontheworld..
Old 10-30-2013, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post
Round the corner from the bus garage, adjacent to the building where the indoor farmers market gets held
Lol and down the street from Norris bakery...best bakery ever.
Old 10-30-2013, 02:39 PM

Thanks for the nice directions, however I am not from KW...those are my initials
Old 10-30-2013, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KW_Divorced View Post
Thanks for the nice directions, however I am not from KW...those are my initials
.... opps.
Old 11-06-2013, 12:55 PM

dad2bandm is on a distinguished road

I didn't fully understand the "schooling" situation, for the 3 kids. It sounds like one for sure, is no longer a "child of the marriage", since they quit school, and has been working full-time.

The other 2, are still in school full-time? (whether they received grants or not?). Clarify?

If this were me, I would definitely seek a change.

- Sounds like you need to pay less child support for sure.
- Spousal support - impute an income to her, and offer to pay less spousal support, based on her imputed income. (full time-minimum wage, at least).

Do *not* pay her more spousal support. lol.
Old 11-07-2013, 12:13 PM

Yes the other 2 are in school full time...I know I still need to pay *some* CS, but not to the amounts I am paying her.

I have no intention of raising SS...we had a final agreement negotiated and the amounts are inline with an imputed income...as small as it may be...however it's not good enough. even though she signed it.
Old 01-21-2014, 08:13 AM

Hi all, by way of recent update, a 2nd child has quit university and is seeking to temporarily re-enter the workforce in the fall. So now I have 2 kids out of school however intend to re-enter come September. So for the next 9 months, I will be paying my ex far more CS than she is entitled to and by the time I work my way through the court system, they will be back in school (hopefully). Does that mean I would still get relief for the time they were out of school? If not, I am just wasting time/money and would have gotten nowhere.