Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Financial Issues

Financial Issues This forum is for discussing any of the financial issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2016, 05:57 PM

motherbear4 is on a distinguished road
Default Dental Insurance Receipt

For the first time, dental check-ups had to go through dad's insurance. Due to withholding my money, I was forced to have my lawyer send a letter to his requesting my reimbursement. Suddenly, the payments have arrived, via cheque no less (apparently direct deposit is not required). I am supposed to receive the e-transfer this evening. I asked dad to send me the report/documentation that accompanies the cheques in order to keep my records complete. Not surprisingly, he claims to have disposed of them when he deposited the cheques.

My question -- would a report/documentation that accompanies an insurance cheque be in any way similar to my providing the monthly child care statement for his records? Better yet -- are the report/documentation considered to be mine or his?

Sounds petty, I know, and I am not chasing him with an onslaught of ridiculous emails. I asked for it, he said my record keeping was not important, I've dropped it. However, I am asking for future reference.

Thoughts?
Old 09-09-2016, 06:19 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

you got paid

you both had to pay for lawyers to do this

I'd let it go as you accomplished what you set out to do
Old 09-09-2016, 09:49 PM

blinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura about

What would you need the documents for? The dentist has receipts should you ever need them for something, can't imagine what you would need them for though.
Old 09-09-2016, 11:30 PM

motherbear4 is on a distinguished road

Thanks Arabian and Blink. I think I should have put Petty Rant in the title line. Blink, you are right; its not worth it and thankfully I did not engage in pettiness with him. I am sure you can understand that sometimes it gets tough and your ability not to engage in the pettiness waivers. Thank you both for telling it like it is.