Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Financial Issues

Financial Issues This forum is for discussing any of the financial issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2017, 08:47 PM

Bellbaby is on a distinguished road

So, I filed my motion today. There was an error in the endorsement the judge wrote up. The court clerk was unable to tie it into a court order as the judge or down our lawyer information, but our lawyers never actually went on record. Mine (legal aid) essentially disappeared on me. The clerk at the family window told me how to ask for a correction via a motion.

Then I asked for life insurance, my schedule 7 expenses (all medical and she started daycare part time last week while I work two days a week) and my costs ($700 misc disbursements). I also asked for costs for my time as per the recent case law quoted on another thread here. Don't know how well that will go over as my lawyer i spoke to all of two times not including running into the guy at court. I thought might as well go the whole nine yards. Just don't know how well it will go over.

There was a big discussion at the window when I filed. Three of the court clerks we looking at my motion. They said word for word "he's done nothing. I see no reason for notice since an uncontested was already preformed recently". Another clerks opinion was to protect me and ensure I get what I'm asking for in regards to the change in the previous endorsement/order, maybe it should be on notice. I didn't hear the third clerks opinion but they were all standing around staring at my motion and discussing it. My clerk eventually took it over to the trial coordinator for hey opinion. I waited at the window. She came back with a court date, time and said no notice and specifically said "I wouldn't tell him".

So I'll let you know in a month what happens. But after an uncontested trial, it seems the motions are automatically without notice...