Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Financial Issues

Financial Issues This forum is for discussing any of the financial issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2013, 04:14 PM

plainNamedDad44 is on a distinguished road
Default Costs for disclosure of docs - who pays

Hi,

who pays for production of things like retroactive appraisals and bank/investement statements of premarital assets ? Rule 19 (2) is vague to me at least. I owned 2 rental properties and a sports car when i got married. I had retroactive appraisals done for these items but if the respondent asks for these documents to they have to bare their costs ?
Old 09-12-2013, 04:19 PM

blinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura about

If you had the appraisals done don't you have the documents? Spend a few bucks and photocopy them?
Old 09-12-2013, 04:32 PM

plainNamedDad44 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkandimgone View Post
If you had the appraisals done don't you have the documents? Spend a few bucks and photocopy them?
I have them. I had them done knowing she would ask for them. But it looks like from Rule 19 that she may have to bare at least some of the costs to them. No ?
Old 09-12-2013, 04:51 PM

blinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura about

You had them done before they even asked, and now that they have asked...you want them to pay?

I would think if you were getting solely because they asked, then you might have grounds to ask them to pay. Doing so now seems rather petty.

What would your reply be if the situation were reversed?