Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Financial Issues

Financial Issues This forum is for discussing any of the financial issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2013, 10:52 PM

Qrious is on a distinguished road

Oh geez. Here I thought you may be the only self-enlightened male I've ever "met"! Lol.

Ok - no more joking around.

Just kidding.
Old 08-04-2013, 01:21 PM

billm is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by slughead10 View Post
but mothers do this all the time...... its called child support......

guess its social acceptable only if you have titties......
When you are married (or whatever) and have kids - you raise them in proportion to your incomes.

When you separate, that deal should stay in place - raise kids in proportion to your incomes.

That is the intent of child support. If my ex made more, I'd accept offset CS from her. However, to be clear, I would love to get rid of offset CS in my equal shared custody even if she did make more as I'd rather be independent from my ex in all ways. Even if it meant not receiving CS. However when people can't agree, CS is the law and makes sense given what people do when they live together - share their money to raise their kids.
Old 08-04-2013, 05:59 PM

stripes is on a distinguished road

Thanks everyone. To be clear - I'm not engaging the ex on this; I've told him once "I don't accept your request and here's why: chapter and verse of divorce order and FCSG" and that's it. He keeps coming back with arguments, which I ignore because I recognize that they're really lame. He recently came up with this new one (paying extra CS per night is the standard practice now, so it's not explicitly written into divorce orders), which I was not sure about. So I check with random strangers on the internet to confirm or challenge my initial assumption that this is as half-assed as his other arguments. Based on feedback, I will continue to ignore.

You're also probably right that I should continue offering right of first refusal, even though it means more interaction and therefore more headaches. I'm trying to minimize work travel to avoid this problem.
Old 08-06-2013, 10:27 AM

HammerDad will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mess View Post
CS isn't calculated monthly, it is calculated yearly. The courts would not support increasing CS for one month only.
And that is why I said:

Quote:
...and even that argument would be super weak as the parenting time would be averaged over the year.