Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Financial Issues

Financial Issues This forum is for discussing any of the financial issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2016, 07:50 AM

standing on the sidelines is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboty View Post
Why am I ignorant she knows we would have to go back to court to change the order every year. My pay fluctuates year to year as I am in a unionized position and have a 3 year contract currently.
She never indicated she wanted to go back to court! I know I didn't!
my partner is with fro and updates his income each year without going to court.
Old 12-08-2016, 09:48 AM

good_mom is on a distinguished road

Best thing to do is this:

Take your NOA or taxes and calculate for each year what you should have paid. Like you said your pay fluctuates so one year you may have had to pay less and one you may have had to pay more. Compare that to what you have been paying and calculate the amount you may owe.

Then calculate what you now should be paying with the change.

If you owe her calculate how many months you need to stay at the same rate to eliminate it. Then set a date to start paying the new amount. Remember, you need her tax information to calculate what she owes you, so you have to request that.

Put it into a settlement agreement, present it EX if she agrees and all is signed off, go to court and have made into an order. It can then be sent to FRO...I think that should work, but again I'm not a lawyer.