Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Financial Issues

Financial Issues This forum is for discussing any of the financial issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2017, 01:40 PM

Acadia71 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berner_Faith View Post
Well then that's your issue. You could have had her imputed to at least min wage because anyone can get a min wage job. And like stated above, try to work for cash but that too will bite you. Best to just follow the law

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Technically she was imputed for spousal purposes only.....I am going to see a lawyer Friday and start planning.

Thanks again to all!
Old 10-02-2017, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Well then that's your issue. You could have had her imputed to at least min wage because anyone can get a min wage job. And like stated above, try to work for cash but that too will bite you. Best to just follow the law

It is my issue, that's why I'm here. I will solve the problem, then no more issues
Old 10-02-2017, 04:56 PM

Berner_Faith will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acadia71 View Post
It is my issue, that's why I'm here. I will solve the problem, then no more issues

You have only been paying ten months, highly unlikely you will be able to have this changed. What material change in circumstances have came up since the signing of the agreement?

Old 10-02-2017, 05:00 PM

Quote:
You have only been paying ten months, highly unlikely you will be able to have this changed. What material change in circumstances have came up since the signing of the agreement?

Nothing yet other than I bought a 4-plex. I'm starting to feel like my real estate career might be "unsuccessful" and involve less profit than expected.....and a couple years from now I may have to settle for a contract position. Really frustrating to know my future might be less lucrative than I planned on.
Old 10-02-2017, 05:01 PM

Of course that's sarcasm, I'm just going to make a different plan than I first had
Old 10-03-2017, 01:41 AM
Banned

trinton has a little shameless behaviour in the past

If you have 50/50 then you can negotiate your own CS out of court, and put it into a court order.
Old 10-03-2017, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinton View Post
If you have 50/50 then you can negotiate your own CS out of court, and put it into a court order.
This actually makes sense!!

Now how do I get that in writing?
Old 10-03-2017, 10:27 AM

Berner_Faith will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acadia71 View Post
This actually makes sense!!

Now how do I get that in writing?

You talk to your ex and negotiate a new amount you both agree to. Tricky part is you both have to agree or it doesn't work. Nothing will be put in writing until you both agree

Old 10-03-2017, 10:37 AM

rockscan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
You talk to your ex and negotiate a new amount you both agree to. Tricky part is you both have to agree or it doesn't work. Nothing will be put in writing until you both agree

Trinton is not a lawyer and is currently in litigation with his ex so take what he says with a grain of salt. The Key word is agree. You both have to agree and if she doesn't she can file an application for support.

Also you have to review every year and if your income goes up then you have to renegotiate. If you can't agree you go with the tables and offset.
Old 10-03-2017, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockscan View Post
Trinton is not a lawyer and is currently in litigation with his ex so take what he says with a grain of salt. The Key word is agree. You both have to agree and if she doesn't she can file an application for support.

Also you have to review every year and if your income goes up then you have to renegotiate. If you can't agree you go with the tables and offset.
Great point.

Hereís my concern. I think I can get her to agree to a reasonable amount. Jump all over me all you want but $4000/month to have your kids half time is not reasonable.....however, if I get her to agree to a more realistic amount how do I document that so she canít come back 5 years later and ask for more and back pay?

Once again I have no issue paying for ALL child related expenses at both houses, but I donít feel the need to pay to make sure she has a similar quality house to mine.

Anyway, how can I prove she agreed to X amount? Is a written signed letter sufficient?