Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Financial Issues

Financial Issues This forum is for discussing any of the financial issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2016, 03:25 PM

phatkid77 is on a distinguished road

Yeah I wondered that about the arrears we've been legally separated for three years supposed to update with tax information etc. but we figured out our own set off amount and she's never notified me of a change of income until just right now saying she's been getting disability for say 18 months. She has asked to exchange tax information for say the last couple of years never said she's made less and I've always said I don't need the tax information send me your T4 and I can adjust child support as needed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-23-2016, 03:37 PM

Janus will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatkid77 View Post
Also. More interested in her dropping (she won't) her "arrears" dreams. Since I kept her on my benefit plan saving her over $500/month I bet EASILY on meds and treatments.. for like 3yrs... SIX if you count day of separation
Careful, in whacky family law world, the fact that you kept her on benefits could be interpreted such that she needed that level of support from you, and that as a result you have an obligation to support her at that level in the future.

You may have inadvertently agreed that she needs spousal support, since without your support she could not afford the meds and the treatment. You could have an obligation to continue supporting her, since she is unable to support herself.

Point is, being nice rarely pays off in family law. You actually want to show that she was fine without your help, not that you helped her out.
Old 11-23-2016, 03:56 PM

phatkid77 is on a distinguished road

Well... at the court the judge made it known to her that I in. I way need to keep her on and I can agree to and walk out of the court and give 60 days notice I'm pulling them... in exchange the judge told her she better keep working and not go off in an attempt to get more support (which we all k ow increased support doesn't make up for loss in wages)
And the judge laughed at her and her lawyers request for spousal. So I had neither party can ask for SS now or in the future no matter what the change in financial circumstances

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk