Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Financial Issues

Financial Issues This forum is for discussing any of the financial issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2016, 12:30 PM

PeacefulMoments is on a distinguished road

If the two of you simply make an agreement amongst yourselves for child support and don't make it into a consent order, could she not later file the original order and claim you have been underpaying?
Old 11-10-2016, 12:31 PM

LovingFather32 is an unknown quantity at this point

Not with e-mails and signatures confirming the new amount.

I mean I suppose she could try it ... but in court, I'd show the e-mails, signatures and the "Notice of withdraw" form containing both our signatures from FRO. I'd basically walk out with costs.
Old 11-10-2016, 12:36 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enough

Yes but you would also have to deal with FRO for a few months and you know how slow the court is. Like I said, a 15c doesnt hurt anyone and you can pop it to the courthouse and be done with it.
Old 11-10-2016, 12:39 PM

Rioe will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingFather32 View Post
The bus stop is where D5's best friend gets on (its how we got her to take the bus).
This stop also allows me to get to work on time also. It really is the best choice. Yes I do need some stronger wording for the financial disclosure stuff......I don't want to get screwed.
Well, since you like the arrangement otherwise, I'd just politely ask your ex if she could refrain from trying to lure the child to her house on your parenting time or you'll have to make alternate arrangements. Does the school have a before and after care program? Your ex doesn't need to know how much you'd prefer to avoid these other arrangements.

As for the financial wording, can't you sign stuff outside of court, get it stamped, and then take it to FRO? Why withdraw and cause more headaches?
Old 11-10-2016, 12:43 PM

Man that would make her look so terrible. I think there's a reason she's begging me not to go to court. Double dipping, Welfare and low income housing plus money under the table probably.

Her credibility would be completely shot if she took me to court, and I would begin the imputing process and opening a bunch of doors that she doesn't want to open.

But I do agree that heading to court and getting it all legit would probably be the best course of action.
Old 11-10-2016, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rioe View Post
Well, since you like the arrangement otherwise, I'd just politely ask your ex if she could refrain from trying to lure the child to her house on your parenting time or you'll have to make alternate arrangements. Does the school have a before and after care program? Your ex doesn't need to know how much you'd prefer to avoid these other arrangements.

As for the financial wording, can't you sign stuff outside of court, get it stamped, and then take it to FRO? Why withdraw and cause more headaches?
Yea, I guess there's no really polite way to tell her not to come to the bus stop with a bunch of kids to make D5 not want to go on the bus. I'll still have to figure out the least conflictual wording.

I've been on a waiting list for the schools before/after program. Doesn't look good.

Regarding FRO..I've had bad experiences. Very rude reps. They also messed up and said I didn't pay when I did, and began taking my gov't money. I just want nothing to do with them whatsoever.
Old 11-10-2016, 12:48 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enough

From what I understand when I looked into it for my partner, the forms are very straightforward. You both fill them out and sign, take it to the courthouse, I think it gets walked into court, rubber stamped and you have your order. THEN if she tries anything fishy you dont have to go to court, you simply provide the new order to FRO and then they stop the old order.

Remember who youre dealing with...a woman who coerces her child at the freaking school bus stop!
Old 11-11-2016, 01:24 AM

Beachnana is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingFather32 View Post
Arrears have been paid S&T. I no longer owe.

Also, in order to keep using FRO we would have had to go to court and get an order to vary the support. My ex was the one who didn't want to attend court and suggested that we drop FRO through mutual consent and I simply begin sending her the new amount.

Regarding the Welfare and double dipping .. I'm pretty sure that's what's happening also.
Why can you not complete a consent form and both sign with witnesses and then you can take it to the court. Your ex does not need to go surely?
Old 11-11-2016, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachnana View Post
Why can you not complete a consent form and both sign with witnesses and then you can take it to the court. Your ex does not need to go surely?
Probably could do that.

If she ever wanted to take me to court for allegedly "under paying" when I'm not, when we have an obvious agreement and both our signatures withdrawing from FRO, boy would she be shooting herself in the foot.

Regarding witnesses, I think we would have to have the FLIC ladies watch us sign it or something. I'm not sure a friend or relative would suffice, but who knows?
Old 11-14-2016, 09:32 PM

Just jumping on for some quick advice about the bus stop issue.

There's a bag that accompanies D5 at exchanges. What I usually do is drop D5 at the bus stop, then drop the bag at my ex's right after.

Lately, ex has been showing up at the bus stop in the morning picking D5 up, rocking her and telling her about all the fun she's having at home with the daycare kids. The result is that D5 at times wants to go play with daycare kids and not to school.

I told myself that if it continued I would have to say something as it's actually my parenting time. I was hoping that these were isolated incidents but I just received another text minutes ago notifying me that she will be at the bus stop again.

Things have been super amicable and easy going and I don't want to ruffle any tail feathers or prompt her to pull the "you don't want me to see my daughter" card, but I also want D5 to have a relaxed, content transition to school.

Any advice on how to approach it?

Last edited by LovingFather32; 11-14-2016 at 09:43 PM.