Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Financial Issues

Financial Issues This forum is for discussing any of the financial issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2017, 03:11 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinton View Post
Her ex obviously had the better lawyer.

The system may be biased, but with a way better lawyer then your ex who knows the judge well. Given your ex is a little messed up and done some "WTF" things, then you could expect to have really good results.

At the end of the day, Arabian is still getting spousal support and defending every motion to stop it. Meanwhile telling men not to persue spousal support. Not biased or jilted at all.

Um yes I was a full partner in the limited corporation (I was stuck with the corporate bills after x went bankrupt and took all the company money).

This had nothing to do with whomever had a better lawyer. You don't know what you are talking about. It had, at the time, to do with bankruptcy law in Canada.

I did not tell "men not to persue [pursue] spousal support." I merely pointed out the expense of it all and for the poster to examine closely costs/benefit of hiring lawyer to pursue it.

Of course I defend any motion to stop SS as is my right. I have been successful with and without lawyers and in front of 12 different judges over the past 7 years.

Spouting off on something you know nothing about (my personal situation) is not rational. I do not comment on your personal situation as I do not PRETEND to know anything about it.
Old 10-16-2017, 03:26 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enough

Im surprised none of the mom haters have jumped on this thread. Here's a guy who is worried about HIS standard of living and suggested he get full custody to get SS and CS. If he was a woman you guys would all be up in arms. His argument is still the same regardless of sex. He wants to get SS when he may not be entitled to it and full custody to be able to make all decisions and get spousal.
Old 10-16-2017, 06:31 PM

piggybanktoex is on a distinguished road

It's that whole "shoe's on the other foot" thing.
Old 10-16-2017, 06:49 PM
Banned

trinton has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by arabian View Post
Um yes I was a full partner in the limited corporation (I was stuck with the corporate bills after x went bankrupt and took all the company money)..
So then why didn't the family courts return YOUR portion of this money back to you ? Or is that why you get SS, to cover YOUR money ?
Old 10-16-2017, 06:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by piggybanktoex View Post
It's that whole "shoe's on the other foot" thing.
Lmao. Wow. Don't kill me. Quite honestly first time I have heard that idiom and fits in really well with the Canadian Family Courts. And I say Canadian because the Sweden Family Court has shoes that are backwards compatible.
Old 10-16-2017, 07:38 PM

Berner_Faith will become famous soon enough

Quote:
So then why didn't the family courts return YOUR portion of this money back to you ? Or is that why you get SS, to cover YOUR money ?

Umm that's exactly what her SS is for... when he squandered money to his friends and family there was no way of getting that money back... but with SS she has been able to recoup the costs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-16-2017, 09:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berner_Faith View Post
Umm that's exactly what her SS is for... when he squandered money to his friends and family there was no way of getting that money back... but with SS she has been able to recoup the costs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So this confirms she did pursue SS. Why should the gentlemen here not pursue SS from his wife before she Squanders it on purses and heels?
Old 10-16-2017, 09:54 PM
Banned

https://www.mysupportcalculator.ca

You could expect anywhere from 300-500 a month if I punched in numbers right. +400 for child support.

Instead of paying you 7 to 900 a month, she wants 500 a month to herself by getting sole custody. typical mom. don't let her squander YOUR money (and your relationship with your kids) like that.

Last edited by trinton; 10-16-2017 at 09:57 PM.
Old 10-16-2017, 10:21 PM

ele110 is on a distinguished road

FYI I was in the same situation with almost the same income spread. I am female, no work interruption, except for 3 mat leaves, and was the lower salary of the two. SS was not even a consideration, according to several lawyers I talked to. I was clearly told that I had close to zero chance of obtaining SS and 100% chance of depleting my life's savings going after it.
Old 10-16-2017, 10:50 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

Quote:
When someone hides assets (company equipment and money) in someone else's name (family and g/f) its a difficult journey, particularly if those assets are owned by a corporation. When one partner in the corporation goes bankrupt the other person, by default under corporate law, becomes President and automatically is liable for all debts. Had I known this I would have gone bankrupt first and then my ex wouldn't have been able to and would have been liable for the debt. My ex was charged with fraud but not prosecuted as criminal court deemed it family law matter. We all know how swiftly family court works.... When someone is under bankruptcy protection the maintenance enforcement agencies cannot (according to the current bankruptcy act) enforce aggressively. I did not want to reveal this on the forum because of all the losers out there who will likely take advantage of this information. I'm tired of your incessant attacks on me about this. In fact I have withheld this information for years. Hope you take this knowledge and know that you have helped many aholes.

Please know that I have done whatever was in my ability (and my corporate, family law and criminal lawyer) to do to rectify my situation.

As an aside, had I not been a full partner in business (and financed my ex and our company), I would have and continue to be fully entitled to spousal support on an indefinite basis. My ex can and does make excellent money with or without my financial support. We were married for 30 years. I supported our joint effort but did in fact give up a doctorate education and further successful career in order to provide support to my husband and our business. The matter is extensive and complicated and probably well over your head.

Something you and many others forget is that people living in Toronto area (or Ontario for that matter) represent only part of Canada as a whole. Many of you may disagree with the concept of SS but I can assure you that there are MANY Canadians who do have traditional marriages (YOUNG AND OLD). Our current family laws are to represent ALL Canadians, not just 30 and 40 year-olds who live in the Toronto area.

You may disagree with SS but the fact is that it exists and is upheld by our court system. I will not pass judgement on people who are entitled to it and who defend and collect it. I will not pass judgement on those who collect and those who pay CS either. It is ... what it is.