Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Financial Issues

Financial Issues This forum is for discussing any of the financial issues involved in your divorce.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2012, 03:57 PM

Hellnetty is on a distinguished road
Talking Back at It ..

Well Went to court 2 years ago got a Judical order from the Superior court of Ontario. So it was going well until kids went to College. Now he believes he does not have to help with College. I have been tolerant of him, as his 2nd wife left him, and he was going through a rough time. I am tired of hearing about him having no money. All i want is him to cooperate and remember he has 3 children. I have sent him emails just to meet me to work something out. He will not even email me back. GRRR. I do not know where to go. I do not want to go to court, but what choice do I have? I raised the kids myself. But this is just plan stupid. Help and or advice please
Thanks
Old 08-02-2012, 04:03 PM

OrleansLawyer is a jewel in the roughOrleansLawyer is a jewel in the roughOrleansLawyer is a jewel in the rough

If you have a court Order granting support, does it include any termination clauses? Does it simply say in accordance with the guidelines?

If his children are in full time university then they are still children of the marriage and should be entitled to support. However, if he refuses to pay it, you may need to go to court to enforce it.
Old 08-02-2012, 04:54 PM

knackered is on a distinguished road

You raised the kids yourself??? So he never ever seen them??? and never ever paid child support???
Old 08-02-2012, 05:50 PM

Lightbulb Back at it

So I guess I misspoke he helped when it was convenient for him . My court order does not have a termination clause either. Had to go for back child support as he just stopped and it did not help that his 2 wife was telling what to do with his money and they had no kids together . I am not bitter just tired of all the crap from him, wish he would grow up .
Old 08-02-2012, 06:50 PM

Is FRO involved?
Old 08-02-2012, 10:12 PM

Unhappy Back at it

Yes , unfortunately . FRO is involved.
Old 08-05-2012, 06:48 PM

I would think having FRO involved is a good thing for you......considering he wasn't paying and hopefully FRO can start collecting for you!
Closed Thread