Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Financial Issues

Financial Issues This forum is for discussing any of the financial issues involved in your divorce.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2008, 05:51 PM

#1StepMom is on a distinguished road
Default Account Statements - Filing - Question

We are preparing to file proof of the child support paid during my fiance's time of unemployment. We are planning on filing this account statements for Nov and Dec.

I'm thinking of blanking out all account activity that is not related to child support. Especially the money transfers I have been providing so that my fiance is able to pay the car insurance, phone bill, etc. until he begins to receive his own earnings.

Is it wrong of me to blank this information out?

In the account activity, there are withdrawals that I'd prefer aren't seen by the judge (ex: LCBO, Blockbuster, EB Games) as I fear they may cause questioning (i.e. "If you don't have a job, why are you spending any money you still have at the LCBO, or buying movies or video games?)

Would it be alright to only provide the parts that have to do with child support and blank out the things in between?
Old 12-02-2008, 09:16 PM

raerae is on a distinguished road

If you go to your bank you should be able to get a statement that only shows the support payments if they were done by electronic transfer. If you use internet banking you should be able to choose recipient and show payments to recipient. I guess it depends on how you made payment.

Good luck
Old 12-02-2008, 09:18 PM

The payments were electronically withdrawn by FRO. We use EasyWeb (TD Canada Trust) but there is no option to only view these payments, as they were not made manually. Similar to interac withdrawals.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:45 PM

Here's a question...

Do you think the statements are even necessary? After all, the payments go through FRO and you'd figure that there would've been some sort of notice had they not been going through... right? So if all's good with FRO, do we really need proof that the payments have been made?
Old 12-02-2008, 09:46 PM

OH, if you're with FRO you should be able to ask FRO for a statement of payments, they will send it to you. Also, if they want your account balance just give them an updated statement of account, not the account statement..
Old 12-03-2008, 07:13 AM

I always provide everything to the lawyer just to be ready. I would get the statements from FRO. Good luck
Old 12-03-2008, 07:49 AM

Our lawyer last year told us that FRO does not provide statements... that is also what they claim on their website. Can you REALLY get a statement from them?
Old 12-03-2008, 08:41 AM

If they won't give you a statement I'm sure you can get something stating that you are up to date in your payments or something that says you're not in arrears. Have you talked to a rep from FRO? I'd call to see what they can do.. it would be worth the half hour hold time I think.
Old 12-03-2008, 09:54 AM

Sk8r is on a distinguished road

On request the FRO will give you one statement free of charge after which they will charge you $20.
(or soemthing like that, I'm going from memory)
Old 12-03-2008, 10:14 AM

Thanks. I'll have my fiance call today and request some sort of statement. Hopefully they'll be willing to provide something.
Closed Thread