Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Financial Issues

Financial Issues This forum is for discussing any of the financial issues involved in your divorce.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2017, 12:28 PM

Herewego is on a distinguished road
Default 2 Year delay in migration of Pension from equalization

Hi All,
As part of equalization, I was to receive 75k from her pension (where I paid out in cash more than this from the home which i kept, right away) and two years later this is not yet done. i am not trying to nickel and dime but I am curious to know if I should be entitled to any form of interest, natural growth of these funds over the past 24 months.
thanks for your thoughts.
Old 01-04-2017, 10:06 AM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herewego View Post
Hi All,
As part of equalization, I was to receive 75k from her pension (where I paid out in cash more than this from the home which i kept, right away) and two years later this is not yet done. i am not trying to nickel and dime but I am curious to know if I should be entitled to any form of interest, natural growth of these funds over the past 24 months.
thanks for your thoughts.
No it would be based on the date of the order and you are only owed what is ordered. Anything that accumulates is not yours.

Also, how are you cashing out a pension? It would have to move to another investment account and you would have to claim undue hardship to get those funds.
Old 01-04-2017, 10:23 AM

Default thanks

thanks for the reply, it's what i assumed... and explains the delays.
I agreed to the pension transfer as it allowed her the funds to purchase a home... it will move to a pension for me (LIRA) which i cannot access until retirement.
Old 01-04-2017, 10:47 AM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herewego View Post
thanks for the reply, it's what i assumed... and explains the delays.
I agreed to the pension transfer as it allowed her the funds to purchase a home... it will move to a pension for me (LIRA) which i cannot access until retirement.
That process is VERY slow. You can call the pension manager at any time to see if they have gotten all the paperwork and the order. I would simply just work with them to get the LIRA created and the money transferred. If the order is sufficient patience is all you need.
Old 01-04-2017, 02:37 PM

thank you very much.