Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Parenting Issues

Parenting Issues This forum is for discussing any of the parenting issues involved in your divorce, including parenting of step-children.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2012, 11:20 PM

blinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura about
Exclamation PAS & HAP Evaluations

If you're unsure whether your child is suffering from one -or both - take the time to check out these online evaluations to help you decide if you should take things further:

Evaluating HAP Step 1

Determining Parental Alienation

Once you've completed the evaluation and gotten your score, check out the following link for recommended intervention:

Recommended intervention strategies
Old 12-03-2012, 12:08 AM

OhMy is on a distinguished road

Thank you Blink. These links are great.

It hasn't helped my anxiety though. HAP score for 'the subject parent' was over 1200.

Ugh.....
Old 12-03-2012, 10:00 AM

FightingForFamily will become famous soon enough

Mine was 217 (moderate risk).

Fortunately some of the mitigation strategies are already in place, such as making sure to have joint custody to balance the power of the HAP parent and mitigate some of the damage they are doing to the child.
Old 12-03-2012, 11:02 AM

fireweb13 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to fireweb13

Score of 2222......
Old 12-08-2012, 10:41 AM

Unevenplayingground is on a distinguished road

1246, and I was leiniant with my answers...
Old 12-09-2012, 08:22 AM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

If you want better scores, ask a close friend not involved with the situation that spends time with the children to complete the survey. This friend should be neutral to the matter and not biased towards your position. You may bet a very different (lower) score.
Old 12-09-2012, 09:01 AM

OhMy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayken View Post
If you want better scores, ask a close friend not involved with the situation that spends time with the children to complete the survey. This friend should be neutral to the matter and not biased towards your position. You may bet a very different (lower) score.
I have done this already and the score was even higher. Apparently my neutral friend feels I have minimized some of the issues . Similar I guess to the issues that were occurring during the marriage, that I kept hoping would get better or the other party would change...

This friend is about as neutral as could be and the one I use as a sounding board to ensure I am not using emotional reasoning with things. Thus far I haven't been led astray.

Others may not have the same sort of results though.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:28 AM

fireweb13 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to fireweb13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayken View Post
I also downplayed as much as I could. Trying to go with the benifit of the doubt on alot of things but its still extremly high.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:17 AM

dad2bandm is on a distinguished road

Useful links.
A good "barometer", to guage what I observe/encounter. It came up with high-risk for "mom", for HAP. That is not surprising.

Who is this link "from" though? I couldn't tell, from the site. Are there others, from a "recognized" source, that one could refer to, if bringing up this kind of stuff?

ex.
Here is source A, that outlines what contributes to HAP parenting...
Here are my documented instances, that fall within Source A's categories to show HAP parent, and what is recommended to limit this exposure to child. etc.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:17 AM

StepLove is on a distinguished road

Thank you! This is very helpful. Unfortunately, too many children are exposed to this. Makes me very sad.

Tags
hap, hostile aggressive, parental alienation, pas