Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Parenting Issues

Parenting Issues This forum is for discussing any of the parenting issues involved in your divorce, including parenting of step-children.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2017, 11:20 PM

backinthesaddle is on a distinguished road

I have 4 kids between 5-17yrs old. We have a 50/50 agreement. I don't see it as one parent "encrouching" on the other's parenting time. It really isn't about the parent but what is in the best interest of the child. It is quality not quantity when parenting part time. It is a wonderful opportunity for each parent to have some special time alone with a child. The parent isn't asking for a weekend but simply 4 hours. My children LOVE it when they have alone time with each parent. Everyone benefits. My children come back to me happy with good memories they can tuck away for a day that isn't so happy in their topsy turvy world. I wouldn't put it in an agreement but reach out to the other parent and simply say this can be worked out. See if the favour is reciprocated. If not, then you know the other parent wasn't sincere.
Old 10-02-2017, 12:32 AM

trinton has a little shameless behaviour in the past

if the child's activities, i.e. swim lessons always fall on your parenting times then I don't see his request to take children to swim alternate times unreasonable. perhaps you could request additional time on his time to keep the time sharing on an even scale.

If he simply wants time on your time to do things that he could be doing on his own time, then he's just trying to bully and control you.
Old 10-02-2017, 12:34 AM

trinton has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by backinthesaddle View Post
. It is quality not quantity when parenting part time. .
quality in any relationship, is largely dependent on having a sufficient quantity of time to properly develop it.
Old 10-02-2017, 02:35 AM

denbigh is on a distinguished road

Quote:
An intact family could easily have one kid stay home with mom while another kid went on an errand with dad, or have one parent take one kid to an activity while the other kid stayed home with the other parent. It's much harder as a single parent to find that one-on-one time, as you must are always bring all the kids everywhere you go.
The same can be done in a separation. If he wants to spend 1:1 time with a child, he could simply ask if you can take the other 2 children during his parenting time or get a babysitter, or ask if he could take 1 on your time if it couldnt happen any other way, say he want to go to a special event with one child that the other couldnt care less about and it was on your time. A resonanalbe co parent would agree. I wouldnt put it in the agreement though, it seems overly cumbersome and potentially leading to conflict and more complicated schedules that needed.
Old 10-02-2017, 10:47 AM

Janus will become famous soon enough

I would not want this clause in my agreement. If it was, I would make it very specific:

"First Wednesday in March, June, and September that kids are with Dad, Mom gets 4 hours from 4pm-8pm, Mom to pick up child of choice from Dad's house. First Wednesday in March, June, and September that kids are with Mom, Dad gets 4 hours from 4pm-8pm, Dad to pick up child of choice from Mom's house."

The above was for week about. If you have a 5522 you would change one of the Wednesdays to a Tuesday to have the same effect.

3 days are year are not a big deal. I don't think it is an infringement. It just makes things complicated when they don't have to be. So, better if it is not in the deal, but ok if it is.

Tags
multiple children, one on one, parental agreement